I fully realize that this may qualify me for some sort of help

One thing I needed for this baby was a contoured changing pad for on top of the dresser.  They are a lot of money new, like $25, so I wanted to borrow one or thrift one.  Two friends told me they might have one I could borrow but one of these friends I almost never see and the other one is my busy neighbor and I didn't want to bug her about it.

But I wanted that darn changing pad.  You see, my room will not be complete until it is resting there on the dresser, and you might have gathered how much I want things to be "complete" right now.  Have you?

I jokingly told my sister over the weekend that I had some foam in my basement and I was just going to make my own.  She told me I should and I laughed it off like, right, I'm not that crazy.  hahhahahhahahaaa.

And then I made one.

And it wasn't that hard.

I had one pack of foam that I got at WalMart when we first moved into this house over 5 years ago.  I was going to make a headboard and that just never happened.  I got it out Saturday evening and started cutting.  I used the changing pad cover I had to get a rough estimate of the needed size.
At first it was a little big and awkward
even with a child on it to weight it down
even a rather large child (who didn't want to be up there at all).


So I trimmed the sides and ended up stacking those trimmed side pieces on both long sides so it had more of that "contoured" shape with the cover on.  I then covered the whole thing with a large waterproof crib pad I had thrifted and was going to use to make a portable changing pad.  (which I no longer needed because, guess what?, I thrifted one!)

I have some spray adhesive that I'm going to have Patrick use to spray all the layers together this weekend. 

 See?

Ahhhhh, insert the happy sigh of a crazy pregnant woman here.

And then this is the best part...On Monday Rachel told me she promised she'd dig out that changing pad this weekend and I just laughed and said, "Don't worry about it...there's no hurry."  Like I was all cool and normal!  AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHa. 

xoxooxoxo

Comments

  1. smile, eye roll, chuckle, big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a machine!!!!!
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I do appreciate how clever this is (and it's easy to sew your own covers too! I used to do it with towels), I do feel the need to point it that it is not covered in that waterproof stuff. Just sayin'.....lol. (And I feel like I can say that to *you* and you won't think of me as a raging bitch. I hope.)

    Oh yea, and you have made the chalkboard that I have desperately wanted to steal from you for many years your freaking header! Arggggggggggggggggggggh. Are you trying to kill me? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there anything you can't do? You ARE a machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW- Christopher is me. Looks like someone's been using my computer again-lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good job bob......

    whats with this burst of energy/creativity you're having????
    i was just like you though, sewing and making cool stuff right up to the time i delivered....
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....whew....that was funny.....mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehehheheheee...mom, you cracked me up. Some of those projects you were working on are surely still unfinished in one of your closets. ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a genius!! Seriously. How do you do it?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts