just me again

hello friends,

I totally went to bed this morning with my book and coffee and it was wonderful.  The book is The Things That Keep Us Here and it is so good.  It's about a flu pandemic, in current times, and didn't sound like much to me but I really loved it.  I actually have a few pages left for later. 

I knew there were a few books I could not remember and Teresa reminded me of one of them...High on Arrival.  This is Mackenzie Phillips' autobiography (I got familiar with her story when she was recently on Celebrity Rehab) and it is as much of a train wreck as you'd expect.  A quick read but sad.  I was glad she didn't go into too much detail about the incestuous relationship she had with her dad...sounds like she couldn't remember most of it.  shudder.  I wish I could remember the other books...if they come to me I will list them.  I read practically every night, sometimes for a couple hours, especially since there isn't much on tv right now that I like.  (bachelor is over, survivor we watch online, project runway is boring me this time, lost interest in LOST recently)

Have any of you read anything great lately?  I always love suggestions.

The cable guy has come and gone and gave me his direct number again.  He lives pretty close by and gave it to me last time but I had just thrown it away right before it started acting up again.  (of course)  He offered it again and said I could just call him directly if there's a problem with our new box.  Pretty nice.  James & Ruby turned into animals while he was here.  James was doing laps around him and Ruby started drawing H's (her latest letter) as fast as she could to show him.  Do your kids show off for strangers?  Geesh.  All I did was the splits.

KIDDING!

I should go call that Grandma now, Susan, and put her mind at ease.  :)  Then I could get 2 things crossed off my list.  The crusty floor can wait until tomorrow.

Are you sick of these posts without pictures?  I am.  I thought about photographing the delicious & pricey cheese I bought at Whole Foods (just a small, affordable chunk) but that seemed strange.  I also thought about photographing my children but that seemed like too much work.  They are so energetic today.  (except the inner child of course.  He seems quite content.  sigh.)

xoxo

Comments

  1. Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom was really good. True story, you laugh you think hard you cry... a good read, and pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For our book club we are reading Lark and Termite by Jayne Ann Phllips (I think that's her name). It's my selection, and it's a wonderful book. It's well written, tackles tough topics (korean war, atypical family arrangements), but it's a very, very sweet story, ultimately, about love between a brother and sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad you thought The Outlander was good....it's on my list.
    I loved "Her Fearful Symmetry" by Audrey Niffeneger and "Bloodroot" by Amy Greene - both new novels. I am currently reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett and really love the storyline so far. ~liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read "Water for Elephants" It was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts