making your own lunch is hard

We got up bright and early this morning to be certain that James would have time to prepare his own lunch.  The first thing he said?  "What should I make?"  ha. 

Is that HAM in his hand?  Indeed.  And also salami, soy cheese and beef sticks.  He decided on a beef stick instead of a fruit or vegetable.  Whatever, I shrugged.  He also packed a leftover slice of pie and some chocolate milk.  It took him about a half an hour,

including the time he needed to clean up after himself.  Making the chocolate milk was his favorite part.

Ruby scowled at us over the half wall the whole time as she was banished for distracting him.

(my lens was fogged up here)

Overall I think it was a good experience for him.  One we will definitely revisit if there is more complaining.  Let it be known that I always give him a choice between a couple of main dish options, except on Fridays.  Fridays is my pick and it's usually the only day he has Sunbutter & Jelly. 

******************************

After the boys were on their way Ruby and I got ready for yet another journey to Madison for a doctor visit.  All is well, blah blah blah.  We had planned on going to a park afterwards but it just never warmed up so we went to one thrift store and then came home.  Ruby was a little rat at the thrift store so our departure was rather abrupt.  I wasn't really feeling it anyways so no great loss.

I then scrubbed part of our kitchen and put a pork roast in the oven.  I ruin far too many expensive chunks of meat so I was a little nervous.  I was talking to my sister, telling her how I don't trust my meat thermometer, and she suggested getting our regular digital one to check it.  Brilliant!  At the first check it was right on (with the meat thermometer so now I know it works).  The second check?  It started beeping and flashing "HI" on the screen.  HAAHAHHAHAHAHAa.  It was a children's thermometer and we decided it wasn't meant to go as high as 125 or so degrees.  We laughed that it should have flashed, "DEAD."  heehehehee.

So now we're about to leave to walk and get James.  Ruby wants me to bring the stroller so she can collect stuff.  I don't know if I like the sound of that.

Have a good afternoon, peeps.  xoxo

Comments

  1. I swear I think I love you Stephanie. Know why? Because you don't blow sunshine up my ass when I come here. Another mother that would make her kid make his own lunch for whinging?!?!?! Awesome. Ha. (Can you tell I am sick of the shiny happy blogs?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie--I think this post is a bit MACABRE girlfriend. AND I LOVE IT! Banished? HA, so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, I swear I could read your blogs all day....they are so refreshing and a nice reminder that I am not alone in the world of raising children! And I think that it's awesome that you are so honest and frank with your feelings, because at some point in all of this, we all feel the same way!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, I swear I could read your blogs all day....they are so refreshing and a nice reminder that I am not alone in the world of raising children! And I think that it's awesome that you are so honest and frank with your feelings, because at some point in all of this, we all feel the same way!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I love all of you! :) Thank you for "getting" me and giving me such fun feedback. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts