tgim

Thank God it's Monday.  I love our weekends but I also love the silence of a Monday morning...especially one where I can have the windows open and laundry on the line.  (happy sigh.)

I was kind of like a crazy woman again this weekend.  I was slug-like for a couple of days mid-week last week and then Friday came and my energy was back.  I told Patrick I wished I could bottle this nesting urge and give him some.  HA!  He just wanted to relax and do fun stuff this weekend, which is fine I suppose, but he better be ready to work come Saturday morning.  :) 




For me the weekend was a nice mix of fun stuff, napping and projects.  The first thing I'll share is this easy wall hanging I put together for the nugget's room.  I got the frame & print at the dig for $1.  I painted brown over the Matisse print (one of those cardboard type ones) and painted the frame off white.  Then I mounted (with scotch tape...nothing fancy) the vintage animal playing cards I had also found at the dig a while back.  I love the illustrations and colors (the photo makes them look a little washed out but they aren't) and wanted to display them in some way.  I love how it turned out.  Easy, cheap and satisfying...the best kind of project, I think.

There's more I'd like to share but Miss Ruby will be home any minute.  Hope your Monday is off to a good start.  xoxo

Comments

  1. Super duper cute! Way to go, his room is going to be absolutely perfect. Did he get the squirrel or Ruby? :)
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This frame project has givn me so many ideas... Thenks! I also love the rope-gallery project a few pages back on your blog. I look forward to looking more, but cramped for time at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Heidi & Dawn! :)

    Heidi - The squirrel was last seen in the boy's room but I can't say for sure it's still there. hoping she loses interest...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE what you did with the cards!! Will you come to my house and make it look nice?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ♥ your new banner! And the card thing. You are super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Jules & Kathy! <3

    why doesn't my heart work?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make a heart by holding down Alt & hitting 3(on the 10key, not above the keyboard). You can make lots of stuff that way, music notes, arrows...

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks, Kathy. Sadly my computer does not have that cool function. boohoo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts