hot mess

This morning did not start out well.  James called me a dummy 5 minutes after he got out of bed and my husband was not being as supportive as I would have liked about all that today means.  I mean, HELLO?!  I have to get this child out tomorrow, after a really long time, and it's making me just a bit anxious.  Luckily (for both of us) he seemed to understand the magnitude of my emotions after we talked again and offered to do whatever he could tonight.  There isn't much really that he can do but I still needed to hear that.

I'm feeling a lot better now.  Ruby and I have been picking up the house and getting the last of the laundry put away.  Soon we will make yet another  (we were there yesterday) trip to Target to get some safe foods to send with them to my neighbor's house tomorrow night.  I had gotten most of it but, of course, forgot a few key items.  After that I think we will be mostly ready.  whew.

Here are a few pics of the little projects I finished on Saturday.  The first one makes me the happiest.  Heidi (Heidi again!) found me one of those in-the-car baby mirrors at the thrift store but it was kind of horrifying.  It was a large blood red teddy bear with black and white accents and the mirror for his belly, if you can picture that.  I got it because the one I got at Target was almost just as ugly and $11 more.  On Friday night I had the idea that I could sew my own surround for it and it turned out to be pretty easy.  I used bias tape as the casing, just sewing it around a circle of fabric about 2 inches wider than the mirror from the bear's belly.  I salvaged the weighted back piece from the bear as well and stitched that onto the back of mine.  MUCH cuter, in my humble opinion. 

I also finished 2 more simple blankets:
and finally got the swaddling blankets hemmed:
These were "made" from a super lightweight muslin I found in my stash.  My mom had given me one large piece (maybe 2 yards?) and I basically cut it in half, hemming the rough edges.  I think they're going to be just fine.

Alright, kids.  This might be the last time you hear from me!  I am praying, and would appreciate your prayers as well, that this boy comes out on Thursday without too much of a fight.  I will update as soon as I can, or maybe have a friend pop in to let you know when there is news.

Thanks for being there with me through all of this.  I know I've gone ON and ON and acted kind of crazy at times.  It has been so fun to have a place to share everything and I'm sure my mom and sister appreciate not having to be my only sounding boards.  :) 

Lots of love to you guys, xoxo, Stephanie

Comments

  1. Praying for you a safe and healthy delivery for you both. Can't wait to see your new little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking of you and praying for a easy, safe, fast delivery. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent refurbishing of the psychotic bear mirror, it's adorable and so "you" at the same time. I will be anxiously awaiting any news, I just know it's going to be a beautiful experience for you guys. ANYTHING you need, just holler!!
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM PRAYING THAT ALL GOES WELL AND YOU HAVE A PEACEFUL DELIVERY AND ENJOY BONDING WITH BABY. I AM ALWAYS INSPIRED BY THE HOME BIRTH STORIES ON YOUTUBE THAT I WANT MUSIC AND DIM LIGHT TO DELIEVER BY :) LOVE YOU LOTS
    YOU CAN DO IT CHAMP!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to hear the big news! I'm so excited for your entire family - and I'm so happy that you will (finally!) be able to hold him on the outside (and have someone else hold him occasionally - how novel with THAT be?). Hope it goes well - you are definitely in my thoughts. Oh, and remember, order a chocolate shake for every meal.

    :) Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! Enjoy every moment:) And I think I speak for all of your readers when I say- PPPASAP (please post pictures asap)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you Steph!!! Can you believe you get to meet him tomorrow?!? You have done an amazing job through your pregnancy and going past your due date. He is a blessed little boy to have you for a mom! (and Patrick for a dad).

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, whoever your friend Heidi is, she's a riot!!! I was TOTALLY thinking psychotic bear and WHAM she beat me too it. Anyhow, Stephanie,I am here for you as much as I can be in this crazy place we call Blogland. I am sending all the best wishes I can muster to you, Patrick, James and Ruby and your soon to be new little one. I'll be refreshing your blog like a madwoman tomorrow! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the birth tomorrow. It will be a wonderful event for all of you. You have so many great blogland friends - not surprising since you are such a great woman! I second all the wonderful comments :) I can't wait to hear the news. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will be thinking of you Thursday, Stephanie! All the very best to all of you ♥

    ErinH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts