day four

***********************************

James is totally into drawing these days and wants to draw everything SUPER sized.  His teacher let him take a few Mr. Sketch markers home which brought back a ton of memories for me.  My mom used to work at A&E Supply Co. (an art supply store at the mall) and I remember her bringing home the smelly markers for me.  We stopped at Staples on Monday and got a couple packs for our summer drawing.  Love them.

I am almost ashamed to admit how I am "remembering" how much fun James is to have around.  I've mainly seen him at my tiredest point of the day for the last 9 months and I am really enjoying having him around in the early, more energetic hours. 

We seem to be getting into a little groove and I am beyond thankful.  Another thing I am thankful for?  That James will go back to school in September and Ruby will start preschool again (for 2.5 hours/day this time) and I will be able to easily run to Target or the thrift store or wherever with just my little nickle. 

I hope that doesn't sound awful.  I am no where near wishing this summer over yet...it's just fun to think of that bit of a break a few months from now.  Just like I don't really have the urge to leave Nicholas yet but it is fun thinking of browsing the fabric or book store alone again some time in the future.

Maybe tomorrow I will share the list of ideas we came up with for stuff to do this summer.  We can't draw with smelly markers all day every day, can we?

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts