happy

I'm happy to report that the anxiety faded away, the baby slept on (for what ended up being a 3.5 hour nap), and Ruby and I had a good time playing Little People.  After the baby woke up we all ate and then went on a walk/bike ride.  Ruby has this mini bike that she would not/could not steer so we got her that plastic trike for her birthday.  What did she suddenly want to do?  Ride her bike, of course.  :)

She is doing so well and wants to ride it all the time.  She loves the outfits from Grandma and is now choosing to mix & match the separates with the all time favorite pieces from her collection:
(this lemonade break happened about 45 seconds after we left our house and yes, she is wearing two different shoes)

Nicholas wanted to go back to sleep but couldn't quite get there:

I was happy and having deja vu, being out for a walk with one small child and one baby.


After we picked James up from school I finished the hammock.  Well, half-arsed finished it, but good enough that I could see if it would work and it did!  It's in the wash already, due to being splashed with large amounts of mud (more on that later), but I hope to reinforce and finish it later on today or tomorrow.

I have been up for a while now as Nicholas got up at 5:00 to nurse.  AFTER 9.5 HOURS!!  Boo Ya!  Longest stretch ever and boy did it feel good!  (except for my poor breasts...ouchies.)  (is there anything better than that relief when they finally start nursing??)  I decided to just stay up and these 2 hours to myself have been quite nice.  I signed up for a "100 sit ups a day" challenge on facebook.  ??  I don't know why but I did.  I fell asleep last night before doing my last 25 but did actually do 75.  (crunches, they count)  I am signing off to do 25 more right now and then have some coffee and make lunches. 

Have a good day dear friends & readers.  xoxo

Comments

  1. 9.5 hours??? That's INSANITY!!! Way to go Nick! He really does seem like the perfect little fit for your family, I'm so happy for you guys. Looking forward to the mud pics.
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. your mama loves you so much honey.......your little accounts of family life just make my day sometimes...... xoxo
    love, madre

    ReplyDelete
  3. your mama loves you so much honey.......your little accounts of family life just make my day sometimes...... xoxo
    love, madre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool helmet. I'm proud of you and your sit-ups - maybe I should join up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9.5 hours? Did you say 9.5 hours?? No one in our house has come close to that. It must be that I am so exciting that they want to see me every three hours or so!! Cher

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should join, Kari! It's not that bad. (I say now...)

    Thank you, Mom, your little comments make my day, too. :) xoxo

    Cher - stop being so sweet to your kids. they might sleep all night then, like mine. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts