goodness all around

R:  Mom, my beaver is sharp.
S:  (laughs)
R:  It is!  It's double sharp.  Too sharp for kids.

I don't know about you but the beaver talk gets me every time.

***************************************************
 new creamer bowl:
 (I gave up dairy when Nicholas was born as a preventative measure because J&R were both sensitive to it.  I've been using Cremora since, thus the need for a "creamer" bowl.  The good news is that I've been adding a little more dairy into my diet (one laughing cow wedge or one tiny dove ice cream bite) and it seems to be just fine!)

the return stack:

oh, this face:

I only had him get one combo shot.  He did fine but I'm glad it's over:
(p.s.  Never taking all 3 to the doctor again if I can help it.  They were playing well but wild (driving hot wheels on the walls wild) and I broke out into a sweat in that tiny room.  yuck.)

I usually prefer things that don't need so much work but this could not be resisted:


waiting so long makes it that much sweeter:


playing with Dad:



*********************************************

Hooray for Friday!  Patrick surprised me last night with the news that he has today and Monday off.  Nice.  My sister comes on Tuesday, everyone else on Thurs/Fri.  There are lots of little projects I want to do before then but I'm okay if it doesn't all happen.

Just like having friends over makes me want to clean my house, having my family come for a visit makes me want to do everything.  It's kind of fun especially since Patrick is in on it with me.  I'm not sure why he is so willing to do so many pesky little tasks lately but it really has been wonderful.

Nicholas is in the 55th percentile for weight and the 95th for height!  He's gained a pound in the last month.  That period where he gained 4.5 pounds in 5 weeks must have been a giant growth spurt.  My little buddy.  He's so flipping cute.  Especially when he sleeps 10 hours like he has the last 2 nights...unswaddled, too!  We haven't had a 10 hour stretch for a while and I sure appreciated it.

Okay, got to go.  Busy day ahead.  Have a good weekend!!!  xoxoxo

Comments

  1. Yah! Can't wait to see you all!! Have fun doin all of your projects! xoxo Seester

    ReplyDelete
  2. 55th? That's it? He looks much bigger in photos! Is that a new patio or something? Have a great time with the fam and happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pick a date after your company leaves so that we can get together.... I know, I know, don't rush them away before they even get here, Kari....

    Can't wait to see the stool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha--I'm laughing about the cleaning part--I call that "event cleaning." If I am having someone visit that week (playdate, adult party, a friend for coffee) I use their arrival as my reason to clean.

    What is the picture with the yellow tape and the lawn? Is that a driveway?

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like things are GREAT at your house! Hopefully we'll see you soon,
    heidi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts