oh that mr. pickles

Dear Mr. Pickles,

That is not how you are supposed to use a sleep positioner.

Fondly,

The Mgmt.

****************************************

As you can see, we are still dealing with the rolling over business.  Right now he is up there, on his tummy, grumbling and muttering under his breath about me.  I am leaving him there to work this out for once and for all.  He is obviously past the point of those little foam pieces being of any good use.  I hope he falls asleep sooner than later.  He can, for the record, roll both ways now...he just needs to put 2 and 2 together.  (this is killing James, he is begging me to let him go and flip him over.  All he has heard for the last 4 months is NO SLEEPING ON HIS TUMMY and now we're all, GO TO SLEEP ON YOUR TUMMY FOR PETE'S SAKE.)

I have so many little things I want to mention so I don't forget them in the future.  (like this afternoon)

  • Ruby asks me to snip her doll's shirt for her (snap it) and got her pillow-sheet (pillow case) off of her pillow for me this morning.  I will miss these little things when they end...so cute, Miss Harper.
  • Patrick got home safely on Saturday morning.  We were all thrilled to have him home but there was an adjustment period.  I mean I had just gotten everything running just the way I like it and then he shows up!  :)  One big thing:  I normally wake up hot every night and curse Patrick for either turning down the A/C or opening the windows. (hello, humidity is SUPER HIGH in the middle of the night.)  This was blissfully a non-issue while he was gone and I loved it.  I got a fan yesterday to blow directly on me all night.  Happy fan!!!  No more middle of the night hating my husband!  All this peace and love for only $12.99.  Sure, it's a little loud, so loud we now call our room "the hive," but at least I'm not hot.
  • I am losing GOBS of hair.  Don't invite me over right now.  Seriously.
  • My sister's baby is due in six days.  SIX DAYS!!!!  Did you hear that, baby?  Come on out!!  
  • James will now be getting a weekly allowance of $2.  This is non-chore related as I feel like chores are just a part of living in this house together.  He will however be getting an additional $3 every time he gets 15 stars on his chart.  He earns a star by not complaining about doing his chores.  See how this works?  Two dimes for keeping his little mouth shut and emptying the dishwasher?  A bargain, in my opinion.  What do you do with allowances/chores?  This is our first foray into this world so any advice would be appreciated.
  • Our dryer broke while Patrick was gone (after 15 years...it was a wedding gift) and I can't say I'm too sad about it.  I do want to put off getting a new set (the washer still works well) for a while and am line drying all of our laundry now.  I think I can do this for a couple of months as we have lots of lines in our basement as well as outside.  We'll see.
  • I started reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and almost put it down.  The beginning is kind of boring.  I'm glad I gave it another 30 pages or so because it got REALLY good.  I read The Girl Who Played with Fire during my induction with Nicholas and through his first week here at home with us.  I will always have really fond memories of sitting up in our bedroom nursing the baby and reading in that perfect afternoon light.  (love.)
  • She writes so beautifully about what I am longing for right now.
My baby finally gave up and fell asleep on his tummy.  First time ever.

xoxo  Here's to a good week for us all.

Comments

Popular Posts