really?

I stand by my choice to not sign the kids up for any camps this summer...the running around would have really driven me crazy.

However,

school starts three weeks from today and I honestly feel like I can't do this for three more weeks.  I am just so bored!  The kids aren't driving me that crazy (well, sometimes...) and thinking about James being gone all day again really makes me kind of sad.  I feel like the heat has really decreased our outside time and I miss that...a lot.  I am so sick of this house.  (but eternally grateful for the A/C that it has)

(I should mention that mr. pickles doesn't like the heat & humidity so much.  He gets fussy and hot and wants to sleep on me, who is also hot.  And then his nose gets little beads of sweat on it and I remember that babies can't really perspire like bigger people can and I feel guilty for having him outside.)

And then,

Patrick has to go BACK to New York next week.  From Sunday until SATURDAY.

Really??

So now I'm trying to decide if I want to send them to a 3 day camp at one of the bounce places.  It's reasonably priced (for a mother afraid of losing her marbles due to solo parenting during the final stretch of summer) but is on the far east side of Madison.  And then I think...3 days from 9:30-2:30?  I might kind of miss them.  But then I think...what an amazing break.  But then I think I should just get a sitter for one day again and make plans with friends as the weather looks really nice for next week.  Now that I type that, I think that's what I should do.

Anyone want to get together next week?  ;)

But still, Patrick gone again.  sigh.

xoxoox

Comments

  1. I sympathize on the husband gone all the time front, this year has been horrible for that here too.

    I say SEND THE BEASTS! They will have a blast. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does he leave Sun the 15th or 22nd? Me and the kids are off the week of 23rd....we could meet up if it's that week. I went back to work Monday!!! I keep telling myself I only work part time I can do it :) We were all off again today. Carson is 10 1/2 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - I feel for you guys. Not easy to have your hubby gone right now. (not ever but esp. not now)

    Melissa - He is gone next week but we should talk about the following one. We could meet halfway, maybe?? I'd love to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll hang out, let's make a plan!
    heidi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts