my hats off to you

I made pickles his first hat when he was tiny.  It was too big.  Now it's too small.


All weekend I asked Patrick if we could go to Old Navy or The Gap to get Nicholas one of my favorite cotton knit hats for babies.  (love babies in hats)  All weekend he kept telling me I should just whip one up for him.  Finally I gave in (and remembered that Old Navy's big baby sale is this weekend...shhhh.) and decided to try.

The striped one below is the first botched attempt.  Way too small.  I used it as a basis for another one and decided to try this adorable knit shirt I had thrifted because he can't wear it.

This time it turned out all lumpy up on top.  See?  I thought he looked kind of like a baker.
That was an easy fix, though.  Just sewed some new seams and finally got a semi-decent fit.  I interrupted Patrick's shower to show him.  He said he looked like a swimmer.  ha!  He is funny, isn't he?

It is still kind of lumpy but it does the job protecting his precious little nearly-hairless head on these perfectly chilly days.

Here's a gratuitous shot of him sleeping:

Little buddy.

Oh yeah, here are my other two kids:

I love them a lot, too.

xooxox

p.s.  there was also a fleece attempt that was too horribly funny to photograph.  I tried to piece 4 pieces together and it was NOT easy, let me tell you.

Comments

  1. I LOVE THE HAT AND HIS EYES ARE LOVELY...THEY REMIND ME OF THE SKY. I AM HOPING FOR DARK HAIR WITH THOSE EYES:) XOXO
    -COUSINTINE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will hope for that for you, too.

    ARE YOU PREGNANT?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant for Nicholas! I am not PG and Yed wants to wait until spring/ 1yr anniversary. He wants to travel a little and we are planning a trip to Cote D'Ivoire in Feb! I was holding Sammy in a piece of Ugandan fabric that I use as a sling and I wanted to keep him in there forever for myself. The poor little bebe is back in the hospital with meningitis. He is an adorable Teddy look-alike. We love him! Eryn found out she is expecting a couple days after Jeremy went under the knife. He-he God had other plans than their plans! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute cute!!! Ok, tutorial, please!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts