pass the glitter, please

For a long time I felt so happy that I wasn't as tired as I was when I was pregnant.

I am that tired now.

It's been a stretch of Nicholas waking up at least one, maybe two additional times a night (for a total of 2-3 instead of 1).  He'll do this for a couple nights then give me one blessed night of an eight or nine hour stretch.  (that was last night...thank God for it.)  He always just eats and goes right back to sleep but it is still an interruption.  It's a good thing he is so darn cute.  ('cause I'd let an ugly baby starve??  what a dumb expression.)  (that I've used many times, btw.)  It's also a good thing he has such creamy vanilla skin and the chubbiest and most perfectly formed mini legs I've ever had the pleasure of chewing on.  Seriously.  Oh, how I love his legs.  This all started when he rolled over, you know.  It took him a week or so to adjust to that, then he hit his 19 week "wonder week" , then he got his cold.  I hope our old beloved patterns resume soon.  (at least for a while before the teeth start...)  (James' 5th month was HORRIBLE as far as sleeping.  Ruby's was hard, too.  I think this is why I always loved the 6th month so much.  It's usually over by then.)

I fell down carrying him this morning.  I tripped over the hose but luckily that same hose cushioned his head when he hit the ground.  Man, that was scary.  I tried to twist my body so I wouldn't land on him and ended up twisting my ankle a little bit and banging the heck out of my knee.  It could have been a lot worse.  I decided after that (after I knew he was okay) that I needed to get out today.  I've been home all week (except for going for walks every day) because I wanted him to get his normal naps and kick that cold (and because I've been so tired), but MAN OH MAN, was I bored.  (and his cold is definitely better today but I don't think it's because of my selflessness.)  hehe.  So we got out and it was good.  After preschool we went back out with Ruby, to Target, and looked at the Halloween loot for the first time.  It was fun.  I would like everything in my home to be black and glittered.  Thank you.

Ruby and I both love her preschool.  It is so nice to have a break 4 mornings a week.  I normally start dinner prep, have breakfast and coffee, play with pickles, lay on the bed and watch a little tv (we have a tv in our bedroom for the first time in 12 years...it's kind of nice) or read a book...nothing too strenuous.  It's good.  I think next week I'd like to work on a few projects but that will depend on the sleep.  Everything is dependent on the sleep, you know?  If I'm tired I try to cut out all expectations except for laundry, dishes, feeding and being kind to my family.  (last but certainly not least)  Last week must have been a better sleep week because I did all. that. baking.  Who was that woman?  Certainly not the dish rag typing this.  :)

Mr. Pickles is 5 months old today.  We celebrated by having some pears.  Okay, that wasn't much of a celebration but he liked it.  Yesterday was his first "official" day of solids and he seemed fine with it all.  He actually seemed to like the "unofficial" vegetable broth he had last weekend more. 

Hmmmm.  What else?  Oh!  I decided what Nicholas obviously has to be for Halloween.  Can you guess?

xoxo

(sorry, no pictures today)

Comments

  1. I hope he'll be a mini dill - those are my absolute fave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are both so smart! :) He will definitely be a baby dill. my favorite, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts