this breathing exercise rocks (you gently to sleep)

I read about this simple breathing exercise in one of my recent copies of Whole Living magazine and wanted to share it with you.

(Have you read Whole Living?  It used to be called Body & Soul.  It's another one from the Martha empire and quite good.)

I find this technique to be very relaxing & helpful.  I am usually asleep on contact the first time around but sometimes it's hard to get back to sleep after getting up with Nicholas. I've been practicing this the last week and it's been very helpful.

From the magazine, "Lying in bed, breathe in through the nose for a count of 4, then hold the breath for 7, and slowly exhale through the mouth for 8.  Repeat 3 times."

I usually don't remember the third time.

xoxozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comments

  1. This is one of the things that they teach in my pilaties (I always spell that wrong... sorry) class..... if you do it and hold your abs in you can get a killer ab workout....Of course you do not want to be doing that as you are getting ready for sleep:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi- long time no comment! I just tried to do this and just about passed out. Not thinking it'll work for me, but I'm glad it works for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts