ramble ramble blah blah blah

I realized that part of why I've been feeling so off lately is because I am tired.  Mr. Pickles is usually giving me one long(ish) stretch (5-7 hrs) and then getting up 2-3 times between 2am and 7am.  I don't normally go to bed at 7pm like he does, so I am only getting, at the most, 3 uninterrupted hours of sleep per night.  I get it!  That is making me tired! 

I fondly remember the pre-teething days of him sleeping for 8-10 hours.  Man, that was nice.  :)  Some day it shall return to me.  Until then, I plug along.

It's not so bad, you know, when things are going smoothly.  I expected to be pretty tired this first year.  But when you add in a gramma dying, missing your family, arguing with your husband, feeling broke (although realizing how wealthy we truly are), and trying to get some crafting done on top of the usual stuff...well, it feels like a lot.

I am looking forward to going home this weekend for the funeral (am now going with just the baby) but it has meant a super busy week of preparation.  Thank God that Patrick and I are back to normal.  Thank God, also, that we have such an excellent auto body place right down the street that can usually look at our vehicle with very short notice.  Thank God that they can replace a bad solenoid on the van today so I won't get stranded somewhere with a van that won't start along the way home.  (like in MINONG or something like that.)

I think that tomorrow, as I leave town, I will feel tired out but in a good way.  The packages will have been shipped, the banners will have been sewed, the gifts will have been wrapped, the instructions written, the patches sewn on, the van packed, the groceries bought...and I can rest in my family for a few days while we celebrate my Gramma's beautiful life.  That's all I want and it's right around the corner.

Boy!  This has turned into a doozy.  I didn't intend to write all this out but when I do it clarifies things for me and I have found that so helpful time and time again.

Now I am going to go do some yogilates and get started. 

I hope you all have a good weekend and I will see you back here next week. 

Oh, did I mention that Patrick leaves soon after I get back for 6 days in San Diego?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEeee.

Am going to add drinking to my to-do list.

xoxox

Comments

  1. I don't know how you do it all?!! You are amazing. I hope your trip is safe and that you have endless hours of happy memory sharing with your family. A good nights sleep wouldn't hurt either!! Do you realize how long it's been since we've seen each other? I miss you :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I have been away forever! Good catching up. ;-) I hope you had a weekend surrounded with love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts