Tuesday, November 30, 2010

storybook mobile (for you!)

I have been in love with this idea for a long time.  After finding a bunch of vintage Little Golden books, I treated myself to a circle punch and got to work.  (what makes punching circles so satisfying??)

I love old wooden hangers and buy them whenever I can find them cheap.  I spray painted this one first and then sanded it a little.  I then sewed 5 strips of 6 circles each together, punched from a Frosty the Snowman book.  I hot glued the strips down under a button for an extra pop of color.



I kind of love it.  :)

The vintage illustrations are the best.



I'd like to send it to one of you!  I'll ship it anywhere, just leave a comment and I'll pick a name on Friday.  :)  (friends and family are welcome and encouraged to enter!)  (lurkers and first time visitors, too!)

As it's not specifically Christmas it can stay up all winter!  :)

Thanks for reading here.  I do appreciate the friendship and feedback more than you know.

xoxo

p.s.  I also posted this on Allison's fun Tell Me Tuesday.  Click on the link to see some lovely ideas...

http://vintagepollyanna.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

  1. very cute idea. I would love it in my son's room.

    thanks for the chance! beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie, it's adorable and would make a perfect baby shower gift.....sigh me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea.....add me to the pick but don't tell you-know who :).
    mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me! Me, too! I love it! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Watcha tryin' to do--be a fave two weeks in a row? LOL Seriously, thanks for your support. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi seester. It is adorable. I am your only sister. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't buy into the guilt trips... just sayin'...

    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo cute - I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, this is the last time I'm hopping on your blog today, unless you post something else. But I had to pass this on:

    http://www.elsiemarley.com/paper-christmas-tree-ornament-tutorial.html

    The kids could cut or rip and I can sew them up... I wouldn't need any bows on any gifts this year, SO CUTE! And I know how you love sewing paper...

    ReplyDelete
  10. would LOVE this. i could give it to one of my many pregnant friends... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I have a circle punch in my future!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are too crafty Stephanie, it's adorable!
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO CUTE!!! SO CREATIVE! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...