unexpected


We ended up traveling to Duluth for the Christmas weekend. 

My Dad called last Wednesday afternoon and told me that my uncle Larry's organs were shutting down due to infection and they were moving him to Hospice care.  I immediately knew I wanted to go see him and it worked out that we could.  I am so grateful for that.  I was really nervous to go but once I was in the room with him I felt so much better.  Not that he was dying of course, but just that it was still my uncle and I was just so thankful to be with him one last time.  It was also so good to see my aunt Marlene and my cousins.  I wish I could be there more for them right now.  It is unbelievably sad. 


It was also good to see my immediate family and I am happy they are all still coming here starting on Thursday.  (my mom is at our house now.)

(We stopped at Bentleyville on our way into town and it was just as amazing as everyone says.  (pictured above))

We are relaxing this week and let me tell you, it feels good. 

(aside from the VOMIT! FEST! that pickles had last night.  No fever, we figured his dinner must not have agreed with him...what a nightmare.  Thank God for our new washer and dryer!)

I am out of blogging practice.  I will be back next week, mid-week, and ready to celebrate January with all of you.  December wore me out, friends.  I am so looking forward to the new year.  (after this week, of course.)

Happy New Year!  xoxoxo

p.s.  one thing I shouldn't forget:  Nicholas got one of Ruby's marbles tonight and when I saw that he had it I exclaimed and rushed towards him.  He saw me coming and shoved that marble in his mouth as fast as he could.  He knows!  The little stinker is already naughty. 

Oh, I love him.

:)

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your uncle. Hospice was wonderful for my FIL - a true blessing at a very difficult time. Glad to hear you had a nice visit. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts