I wish I could remember what I sat down here to write

Ruby just got home from Brennan's house and all hell broke loose there for a minute.  I totally lost my train of thought.  dang.


(grumble, grumble, kids, grumble, grumble)

Nicholas napped in his crib this morning!  That was awesome.  His second incisor is just about through and I think his front teeth will follow.  I hope a little relief follows soon after that...poor buddy.  I never wrote about how awful he slept while everyone was at our house last week.  Oh man...some of his worst nights ever.  I think the second or third night I felt that first incisor poking through and I just about wept with happiness.  Just knowing what it was helped a lot.  (Sleeping all night would help even more but beggars mothers can't be choosers.)

Other Nicholas tidbits:  His belly button is so deep I feel like I need a rotary dremel tool to clean it out.  seriously.  He is also cruising along furniture now and letting go to stand alone for a couple moments at a time.  He signs "more" by clapping his hands together and uses it as a more general way to say "I want."  He will crawl to the middle of the kitchen floor and clap if he's hungry or clap when he's in his high chair and I'm taking too long.  He will also look at something he wants, like the remote or a phone, and clap.  It's very cute.  I am now teaching him to sign, "I am deeply sorry I kept you up all of last night, dear mother.  You have my eternal gratitude." 

I'll keep you posted.

Here are a few pictures from the night before last, when we were all slightly more rested and healthier:

 OH!  I forgot to tell you about my storage bins!  I hot glued clothespins to them so I could clip on index cards listing their contents.  This was one of those simple tasks that I've wanted to do for about 2 years.  It made me so happy and yes, I did keep wanting to go downstairs to look at it.



Have a good weekend!

xoxo

Comments

  1. The clothes pin idea is so clever!

    Mr. Pickles keeps getting cuter and cuter as he gets bigger and bigger. Cruising?!?! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of the paint brushes - too cool. I think you need to take a pic of Pickles pulling his upper lip up so that we can see his vampire teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holly - I'm sure I got that idea from a magazine or something. :) Kari - I will try. glad you like that pic, I did too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts