new


I swear this morning has felt like it was going in slow motion...in a good way.

Nicholas just woke up from his nap, I heard his mobile start up a minute ago.  Ruby and Ashton will be home for lunch soon and the rest of the day will go on from there.  It is sunny and I'm hoping we can go for a walk this afternoon, the three of us.  (Ashton just comes for an hour on Tuesdays.)

 I promised myself I'd take it easy this week and didn't do so well at that yesterday.  It was a mad rush to get the tree out to the curb in time for the chipper and I just couldn't stop pulling down decorations after that.  I was tired out and slightly crabby by bedtime and then I remembered...I had nothing I had to do.  I crawled into bed with a couple of magazines and a book and read for an hour or so.  I think I was asleep by 9pm.  Nicholas slept well for the first night in, oh, ten or so nights.  It was wonderful.  (he got a new tooth over New Years...a front incisor...that is going to look a little strange...no front teeth yet.  :) )

 My family was here until yesterday morning and it was sad to see them go.  I think that contributed to my mood yesterday.  It's good to have things back to our normal routine but I love having everyone around.  Love.  love.  Maybe next Christmas we will all be living in either MN or WI.  (fingers crossed...)

This morning I put the baby down and read a magazine for an hour or so.  Then I worked on putting Christmas stuff away (in an orderly fashion...happy sigh.) and put some laundry away. 

Just what I needed.  so nice. 

We got the very sad news on New Years Day that my uncle had passed away.  I'm not sure how his family will recover but families do, I know.  I take comfort in thinking of them two or three years from now...still missing him but more settled in their grief.  I am so thankful I got to see him.  He was just an amazing guy...so warm and funny.  I think almost everyone describes Larry as "warm."  He always made me feel like he was so happy to see me.  Isn't that just the best feeling?  xoxo, Larry.

Nicholas tired of his mobile and is now trying to get at the computer cords by my feet.  Better go.

Happy New Year to you all!  It is such a gift, a new year.

xoxo

(p.s.  that is James on the snowbanks in the Bentleyville parking lot.  I think they liked that as much as the lights.  :)  )

Comments

  1. What a nice way to describe someone- warm. That is a good (and rare) feeling:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your uncle Stephanie. I have an uncle who sounds just like that and I can only imagine how hard it was to say good bye to yours. :( So wonderful that you could say it in person though, you made a great choice to go.

    heidi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts