peace like a river (snort)

Oh, you guys.  I am totally tired out.  Maybe hitting a wall?  I am so flipping bored, too.  Nicholas has been pretty sick all week but seems better today.  Luckily we have plans for tomorrow or I'm not sure I'd make it.  I was even considering taking the kids to the mall.  I know, that's bad.  (our mall trips almost always end in tears and promises to not go back for months.)

I pledged to myself in December that I would not wish away these winter months.  There are plenty of fun things to do inside, I said to myself, and plenty to do outside as well.  I didn't plan on all the teething and colds and sad things, though.  These things are getting the better of me this week and it's time to bust on through.  It's time to

TAKE BACK THE WINTER.

Okay, that just came out of nowhere.  I don't have any grand plans but do know this:  I am going for a walk today.  It is cold out but I know that the fresh air will do me lots of good and Nicholas will be just fine if he's all bundled up.

Other things I'm doing:

baking cookies and granola (yesterday)
opening the bedroom windows for a few minutes every morning and making my bed

OH WAIT.  I have to stop here and tell you about my new goody blanket that Patrick got me for Christmas.  It is pink and soft and every single time I cover up with it I sigh happily.  I'm not kidding.  It's this one and I have wanted it for years.  I owe the little elf that told him about it BIG TIME.  Thank you, little elf.

Back to what I am doing to promote happiness and well being.

...thinking...

I guess that's it.

HA!  just kidding.

I am also eating lots of salads this week.  I actually had to go to the grocery store this morning because I was out of vegetables.  True story.  (I also got flavored creamer but whatever.  I am not an island.)  (whatever that means)

Showering   (shut up!)

And really, that is it for this week.  The bad part is that it's not working that well today.  I woke up feeling really grumpy even though Patrick got home last night and we had a really nice time catching up.

wink, wink.

(I even got to say that one line from Fight Club.  I always love when I get to say that line.  Do you know the line I mean?  Please don't say it out loud as this blog is rated G but feel free to give me a mental high five.)

I wonder when I'll get to sleep again.  Did any of you ever have babies that had this hard of a time when teething?  (If your children happily slept through all teething, please refrain from commenting.  thank you.)

Here is a good night for the pickles now, in case you were wondering:

7pm  bed
(occasionally there will be a 8:30 check in but this hasn't happened for 2 nights so I'm pretending it's over)
10pm  hi mom!  can I see that nipple for a minute?
2am  mom, what's up?  um, if you don't mind...
6am mom!  mmmmm, I love you.  now give me some milk...
7:30am  MOM!  why are you waking me up??  (because if I don't it messes up the rest of the day.)

I usually go to bed a little after 10 and get up at 7.  That last 45 minutes, between 6:15-7am, I just usually lay there luxuriating in my new goody blanket and thinking evil thoughts towards my soundly sleeping husband.  It's a pretty good way to start the day.

Alright.  Well, I don't know about you but I am feeling lots better.  Thanks for listening and think twice before you get yourself knocked up.  :)

just kidding.

(kind of.)

xoxoox

P.S.  I changed my header as that last one was depressing me.  I love changing my header.  xoxo

Comments

  1. I'm sorry you are having a tough week, but thanks for making me chortle in the middle of a long work day! Loved the timeline! And it's the 13th of the month and you have 11 posts - rock on! I think I have 4, and they are all only showing gifts.

    P.S. I'm almost ready to post my messenger bags, after I gift them this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kathy, I am so happy that someone can benefit from my pain. Love, Stephanie

    ;) xo

    p.s. can't wait to see the bags. I loved your Christmas project posts. v. creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THE NEW HEADER! WHAT IS THE LINE FROM FIGHT CLUB AND I HAD BAD THOUGHTS OF YOU AND BUNNY FOR JUST A SECOND. IS THIS NEW BLANKET BETTER THAN SILKY? YOU ARE NOT AN ISLAND AND WINTER STARTED TOO EARLY TO NOT GET FLAVORED CREAMER. I THINK I'LL GET KNOCKED UP REGARDLESS AND THEN I'LL CALL YOU TO COMPLAIN SINCE YOU HAVE THIS WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE! XOXO, COUSINTINE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teething baby here too!!! Totally Sucks, no sleep for us either....I am a zombie and forgive me for saying but look forward to going to work to get away (OUCH bad mom!) Don't tell Carson. Oh and he has an ear infection first time and after we left the dr. office yesterday with our prescription for Carson, Kaylee throw up all over the elevator! Fun times.
    Hang in there. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very random comment. Proceed at your own risk.

    1. love the new header. Very cheery!
    2. my babies were all terrible sleepers until they turned about 3, so I totally empathize. I mean terrible. Waking several times/night. I get it and I'm sorry for you.
    3. Wish I knew that line from fight club. can you write it in code for those of us who aren't cool enough to know it?
    4. opening your windows? in january? how inventive!

    I am so over my kids right now, and it looks like I get to take them to wrestling tonight. Sigh....

    I sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see Bunny's face when you say that line! HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts