stamping it up

Last Friday I was thinking about valentines and had a look in my craft dresser.  In the first drawer I opened was a large ziploc bag full of stamps that I bought at SVDP years ago.  Already having collage on my mind, the stamps all but jumped out at me.


I enjoyed this project because I could do a little at a time, whenever the baby was playing or in his high chair.  It also put me right there with Ruby but not in the position of having to think of another scene to color or paint.  (I do enjoy how they fawn over my "masterpieces" though.  heehee.)

My plan was to collage an 8x10 piece of paper with all the reddish stamps I could find and then cut hearts out from that sheet to use on my valentines.  After a while I realized I could do something similar digitally and share it with you!  Patrick actually did most of the work figuring out how to do this in GIMP on Sunday morning while we played hooky from church with our sick kiddos.


I was pretty happy with the results and will share more with you tomorrow if anyone is interested.  For now here is a PDF you can print from here or go here and download to print out & use however you'd like. 

Six of Hearts

I've never done this before so please let me know if you try it and it does or doesn't work.  I might try googledocs for the other ones...has anyone used that?

*************************************************

We got some more sad news last week that turned into even sadder news this morning. Patrick's Grandma has cancer and it's not looking good for her right now.

On a purely selfish/personal note: I'm not sure how much more death I can take. Seriously. 3 people in 3 months? 3 trips to Duluth to see family that is either already gone or passing away? It's so very sad. It also leaves me counting years in the middle of the night...what if I only have 25 left and die at 65 like my Uncle Larry? What if I only have 45 left? When you've got nearly 40 years under your belt already, 40 more doesn't seem like nearly enough.

Thankfully, these fruitless thoughts don't usually stick with me after the sun rises. The only thing, the ONLY thing, that I can take from this right now is to be thankful for every day. Everyone says it and we are all right.


I know this was a total downer.  I'm sorry.  Please, enjoy the hearts. :)


xoxo

Comments

  1. I LOVE THE LAST LINE OF THIS POST AND ACTUALLY LAUGHED OUT LOUD...PRETTY GOOD FOR A MONDAY. YOU'VE ALWAYS HAD ONE OF MY VERY FAVORITE SENSES OF HUMOR.

    XOXO,
    COUSINTINE

    ReplyDelete
  2. xoxo to you dear one.
    p.s. you and yed should be models.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you are experiencing such hard times amongst your family members right now. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts