dairy & egg free blueberry muffins

I got the funniest text last week that I meant to share along with this muffin recipe.  Of course I can't find it in my phone. grrrr.  It was something like this,"I was driving along thinking how I've never made a muffin from scratch.  My family is screwed if they ever stop making those mixes!"  (that was the gist of it)

So, dear girl, this one is especially for you.  I know it's dairy and egg free but everyone who eats this muffin has enjoyed it.  Go ahead and use cow's milk if you've got it...makes no difference.  I think most people have at some point gone to make something and been like, "OH crap!  Out of eggs!"  Kind of nice to have one like this in your recipe box.  :)

Blueberry Muffins  (recipe adapted from somewhere but I forget where)

2 C flour (whatever you've got!)
1.5 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 C sugar
1 C milk
1/3 C canola oil
2 t vanilla
1 T vinegar (white or apple cider)
1.5 C blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Preheat oven to 375.  Grease muffin tins. Measure dry ingredients into large bowl and mix well.  Add wet ingredients and stir until just combined.  Fold in blueberries last and fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.  Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 20-24 minutes.

These get really nice and golden brown if you leave them an extra minute or so but watch carefully.  Sometimes I add chocolate chips instead of blueberries (only 3/4 C or so) and they taste so much like a chocolate chip cookie!  Seriously.  Yum.

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts