monday morning, quiet house

Along with the rest of the world, my heart is breaking for Japan.  The devastation is unimaginable. 

In a different way, I am also sad for my own state.  The craziness has been going on for nearly a month now and I am so unhappy with all that is happening. 


I am struggling with not letting it all overwhelm me.  Whenever disasters like this occur in other parts of the world (or even in our own country) I feel almost guilty like, "why them?  why not us?"  We seem so safe here in the Midwestern United States.  Our lives are so privileged and safe in so many ways despite the heartbreaking political crap that is going on. 

I know praying seems like a small thing to do in the face of such huge problems but I know God hears every prayer.  I feel a lot more "connected" to situations when I am praying about them.  Sometimes it helps me to imagine a certain family or to focus on a certain city so it doesn't seem too overwhelming. 

I wish I remembered to pray for our country and world more often...more than just when disasters strike.  My daily prayers seem to focus on praise and thanksgiving and my circle of family and friends.  That is definitely something I'd like to work on.  Do you pray for the world every day?  How do you remember your prayer list?  (I should probably make an actual list again like I do for everything else!) 

******************************************************************

Dudes.  It has taken me like 15 minutes to write that little bit up there.  It is hard enough for me to form coherent sentences about my day to day life...it's nearly impossible for me to write about things that are really emotional to me.  I feel like I want to choose my words so carefully or explain exactly how I feel about things but I just never have that kind of time.  I want you to know (you being anyone reading this) that just because I don't write about something doesn't mean it isn't on my mind and my heart.  I love to jot down the little stuff that stands out about our lives and usually don't touch on most of the other stuff of life that really affects me because it is a lot harder to write (well) about that stuff and takes a LOT longer.  I need short, friends.  I have a baby.  :) 


Onto the short...

We were so happy to have my Dad here this weekend and so happy to have our dear Patrick home. 

I broke our grocery budget and spent an additional $66 on food for the weekend.  Patrick said he'd like beef stroganoff for dinner on Saturday (I asked him) so I had to go get the ingredients.  As it happens, I also had to get beer, creamer, orange juice, bacon, goldfish crackers, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, celery and french bread.  Oh, and an apple pie.  :)  Darn it!  It was good, though.

Wendy called me yesterday afternoon to see if I could walk with her.  It was so fun to see her (she is student teaching this semester and very busy) and so fun to walk with a friend!  Loved it.  I walked outside by myself on Saturday morning and that felt good, too.  Kari did a 5K this weekend (go Kari!!) and said she is going to do one every month this summer.  (awesome.)  She thought maybe I'd like to join her?  Kari didn't know that running a 5K is on my list of personal goals for the year.  I haven't run a step yet but I think I might try to do one with her!  This means I need some new shoes and a super good bra.  Any suggestions?

I know there was more I wanted to mention but it has all slipped my mind.  I have to go now and get my walk on.  Tonight is THE FINAL ROSE so I know I won't have time later on.  :)

xoxo

Comments

  1. Totally Title 9 for a bra. They will have exactly what you want - this from your largest-breasted-friend. (I don't even know your friends, and I'm pretty sure that true, or at least close enough for a tie!) Their motto is 'Ready, set...ban the bounce!' =0) Tons of reviews, too, so you know exactly what you're getting.

    http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies.do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to Fleet Feet on Sauk Trail. That's were I have gone for my shoes and bra (which I - need a new one). They are really nice and didn't make me feel like a total doof. They were so supportive. I went back and bought another pair of shoes from them. Just remember, this is a time where the axiom "you get what you pay for" really rings true. I'll start looking for 5k's in June. I'm so excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know what you find, Kari! :) I am prepared to spend some cash to preserve my healthy feet and ta-tas.

    :) Kathy, I just noticed a title 9 store in Madison last week. I will check them out on Saturday. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started a running program called "Couch to 5k" today. You might want to check it out. It lasts nine weeks with a goal of running for 30 minutes by the end. Good luck with your goal! Keep us posted:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU AND PROUD OF YOUR WALKING THIS MONTH! THAT IS A LOT OF MILES EVEN IF IT DOESN'T SHOW IN YOUR BUM...YOU HAVE A CUTE ONE ANYWAY. I AM THINKING OF A WEEKEND TO GET ON THE CALENDAR TO COME VISIT. I WANT TO TALK TO YOU AND SQUEEZE THAT MR. PICKLES SO HARD.
    XOXO,
    COUSINTINE

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha! thanks sarah! :) Let me know if you find a weekend...I would LOVE to see you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts