Monday, March 07, 2011

my little cake boss

James came up with a concept for his cake (a round, 2 layer affair) and we decorated it on Saturday morning.  I thought it was cute but had liked his previous idea better.  Guess what?  He won!  :)  He won in the "most creative kid made" category.  My friend is a co-leader and she told me James was so proud.  :)  (Patrick was there but couldn't tell me anything except that he won and was happy.  men.)  ;)

You want to know the bad news?  I forgot to get a picture.  I KNOW!  What is wrong with me?

Luckily, he managed to recreate it for me:


It's a scene from the pinewood derby.  (He spelled derby right on his cake.)  This shows the ramp that the cars race down.  He is a minimalist, no?  ;)  He wanted to do the gym bleachers in the background but we didn't have any brown icing.

For the potluck I sent these baked hot dogs.  I really can't tell you how good these things are and I don't even really like hot dogs!  SOOOOOOOOO good.  

****************************************************

I got a message from Sybil last night that she had walked 10.5 miles over the weekend!  A while later I saw on Kari's blog that she had walked on Thursday, Friday and Saturday even though she was at the Kalahari with her family!

I was sitting at my computer not having walked since Friday.  I was thinking I was too tired (9pm) and that I'd just have to make up those 4 miles over this week.  Thanks to those 2 I got up and did my miles...all 4 of them!  woot!  I just finished my 2 for today, too...so good to start the week off on track.  Thanks you two!

This feels totally wrong as it's only 11am but I totally want one of those hot dogs.
???

Have a good Monday, dears.

xoxo

oh yeah, here's mr. pickles navigating the rough waters of the kitchen:


 And Miss Ruby setting the table:



(and yes, Nicholas almost always is wearing jammies.)  :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it is bad that you want a hotdog at 11:00. That's my normal lunch time...heck there are days that I have all of my luch ate by 9:30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love how that works? I was inspired by you setting up the challenge, so I pushed myself and walked. Then you were inspired by the people who took the challenge and pushed yourself and walked!

    Winning! We all have Adonis DNA!

    Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...