these are a few of my favorite things

 (to eat)  (that are healthy)  (the unhealthy list would take much longer)  ;)


  1. big salads with lots of stuff (nuts, eggs, dried cranberries, chopped apples, etc.)
  2. green smoothies (Holly blogged yesterday about using almond milk in hers...I want to try this)
  3. laughing cow cheese wedges and a half/whole serving of almost anything salty (pretzel thins, all bran crackers, pretzel ritz crackers, etc)
  4. laughing cow cheese wedge, salsa and mini tostitos, baby carrots and a sliced mini cucumber for dipping
  5. laughing cow cheese wedges (period)
  6. La Tortilla Factory low carb tortillas
  7. Skinny Cow ice cream bars  (Honestly, these make counting calories possible for me.  I love ice cream and these are a good treat.)
  8. quinoa cooked in chicken broth
  9. quinoa with cooked beans and sautéed or steamed veggies (this is my lunch a lot of days)
  10. 2 scrambled eggs with black beans, laughing cow wedge (surprise!), and some salsa all wrapped up in a number 6.
  11. split english muffin with pizza sauce, mozzarella and italian turkey sausage on each half, broiled
  12. werthers candies
  13. blow pops
  14. sugar free gum
  15. sunbutter balls
  16. oatmeal with blueberries, chia seeds and some toasted coconut
  17. bagel thin with sunbutter & jelly
  18. sliced apple with sunbutter
  19. almonds
  20. almonds & baby goldfish crackers (yes, they have to be the baby ones)  ;)
  21. slice of colby cheese
  22. banana "ice cream" with some walnuts and mini chocolate chips (saw this on some blog last week...sooooo good!)
  23. piece of fruit  (will eat more fruit as it comes in season...can't wait!)
  24. brown rice & lentils with veggies
  25. hard boiled egg
  26. oatmeal with sunbutter and chopped apples
  27. tortilla with wedge of LC cheese, deli meat and sliced pickles
  28. tuna wrap with (you guessed it) LC cheese, chopped pickles, mustard and 1t of mayo
  29. mini DanActive yogurt drink
  30. good cereal (Kashi GoLean Crisp) and 1/2 C soy milk
  31. tortilla stuffed with beans, rice or quinoa and lots of sautéed veggies
  32. baked or grilled chicken breast added to any of the above (well, you know what I mean...not to my cereal.  heehee)
  33. veggie burger on a light wheat bun with a (sorry) LC cheese
  34. jumbo glasses of diet Coke
  35. hot tea with 1T cream and 1t sugar
whew!  I could go on but have to stop.  I've eaten all of this over the last 2 weeks, some of it over and over (and over).  I am definitely a creature of habit.  Now I just have to make them good ones.  :)

What are some of your favorite healthy snacks?  Please share.

xoxo

Comments

  1. I love:
    -jam on rice cakes (learned this from Eloise) or sometimes almond butter
    -pureed frozen cherries with a touch of agave for a yummy "sorbet"
    =cut up fruit with a spoonful of nonfat vanilla yogurt
    -chobani yogurt
    -frozen dates (buy a container at trader joes, dump them in a freezer bag, put in freezer. Voila! Just watch out for pits when eating)
    -cherry coke zero :)
    -celery or carrots and hummus
    That is all my insomniac brain could think of at 4:00 am. I love your list! Lots of great ideas. I never have had laughing cow cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Steph, this stuff all sounds SO good. Would you come be my personal chef until I lose these last 13 pounds?? I could babysit the kids the whole time while you slaved away in the kitchen ;)

    xoxo Cousin Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all sound yummy--and several are ones I often forget about.

    I use vanilla almond milk in my coffee with a splash of whipping cream too. I don't know what almond milk would be like to drink plain or on cereal though--and you don't get the dairy side effects.

    And...congrats on all the walking and home workouts you've been doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i rediscovered Lean Cuisines now that I'm working again. They aren't *too* bad, and it's easy enough to grab one on the way out the door.

    And, although they are supposed to be a lunch-sized portion, it really does feel more like a snack.

    Love your list. I'm inspired. And - way to go with the walking! I was cheering for you and hoping you'd make your goal. That's impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts