yikes

I am posting quickly now because tomorrow is going to be a busy day. 

I googled couch to 5K this morning because I remembered Wendy doing it a couple of years ago.  I decided to start the program to get me headed towards a 5K with Kari in June.  I tried it tonight even though I wasn't ready and was soooo tired after running the first 60 second burst.  It was discouraging, I'll be honest.  I know these things, though:  1) was not hydrated at all  2)  probably ran too fast for a never-before-runner 3) did not stretch (was trying to hurry and be home in time for the FINAL ROSE) and 4) wearing flat Rocket Dog tennies.  :)  So, I'm going to give myself a break, be smart and wait until I get the right shoes.    (It is not going to be easy, I can tell.  But it will be worth it.  I can tell that, too.  :)  )

((Holly told me in the comments that she is doing this also and I would love to hear how it's going for you, Holly!))

James stayed home today and it seemed like it might be a looooooong day.  We ended up at the zoo for over 2 hours and just had such a nice time.  Loving this nice weather!  LOVING.

gots to go to bed.  xoxo

Comments

  1. Yes, the right shoes make a huge difference! And starting slow is the only way. The first 10-20 minutes are the worst. Even when I was running regularly, those first 10-20 minutes of the run sucked. Don't be discouraged. You are doing awesome!
    Jolee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you are so brave! Way to go. I am walking 2 or 3 miles a day right now, and that is a challenge! :) Want to walk the sette di mai thing with me? 17 miles walking from Madison to Stoughton!

    We could do it!!
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ran in Rocket Dogs?!!! Oh my dear friend - I feel for you. Every time I wear mine to work I end up saying the same thing. When will I stop sacrificing comfort for style?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jolee! It was so fun to hear that you are running again. Good for you!! How nice to run with your sister.

    Heidi - I love you but you are crazy. :) That just sounds toooooo far. Are you going to do it?

    Susan, they are so cute, aren't they? such a pity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts