yikes

It's the first day of summer school and it's been a crazy morning helping everyone get stuff figured out.  Nicky (as Ruby calls him) was an amazingly sweet boy even as I put him in and out of his car seat 14 times within 3.5 hours.  Crazy or what?  Every day won't be like this, thank God.  :)

My birthday was great...Patrick got home early!  We got to meet him for dinner which was a very unexpected surprise.  I wasted (kind of) a lot of time on Saturday sewing (which I'll tell you about later) so that was a bummer.  But then I watched 3 hours of the Bachelorette and felt so much better.  (seriously.  reality tv = free therapy.)  Sunday was awesome.  We did the 11:15 church and it was so nice not rushing in the morning.  After lunch and a park and Menards we came home.  I mowed the lawn and Patrick sealed one side of our fence.  I know!!  I thought I'd be doing it myself but he fired up his new power sprayer and knocked that puppy out.  I think a new toy tool is the key to him wanting to complete a pesky little task.  Must remember this.

**********************************************************************

We got our ice cream maker a while ago and love it.  We got this one and it works so nicely.  So far we've made plain vanilla, smores and blueberry.  Blueberry is my favorite but I think adding crushed graham crackers would take it to the next level.  The recipe is simple:  2 C soy milk (we used very vanilla silk), 1 can full fat coconut milk, 1/2 cup sugar, 1t vanilla, and 2C blueberries.  Blend it all up and chill for 2 hours.  Freeze according to manufacturers directions.  You can eat it before freezing if you can't wait.  It melts quickly at that point but is still delicious. 

The base was flat out delicious.  I let pickles have a little of it and he was a happy boy.
 starting to freeze:
 action shot:
 just to show you how baby always wants to hold onto me.  Or he will tuck his hand right down in my shirt between my breasts.  nice.
 and the ice cream!  (before freezing.)  (so good.)


**************************************************************

So Kari and I are working on our fitness this week.  On Thursday it will be 3 months since I joined sparkpeople so that would be a great day to hit the 20lb mark, don't you think?  :)  I'm trying!

Thank you for the birthday wishes! 

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts