While this is a challenging summer for me in a few ways, it's also feeling like a very summery one. Here is a list of summery things that are making me so happy this year:
- the pool - we can't go as much as we'd like (fearless Nicky being the reason) so when we do get to go I feel incredibly lucky
- water aerobics - there is something about walking into that nearly deserted changing room with its' white cinder block walls and open sky that feels so summery to me. I love it. I also love the quiet (aerobics are during adult open swim so NO kids) and the activity itself.
- wine coolers - they are fun and tasty and still feel like an adult treat even though they are virtually harmless
- grilling - our neighbors gave us their old gas grill and it's fun to have one again. (we've used charcoal for our infrequent grilling the last few years.)
- the patio - I sit out there every day for at least a few minutes, more when I can, and I love it. I love our fence and am super thankful for the whole set up.
- neighbor kids - as irritating as they can be (mine included), there is something about the noise of them playing outside that I love (I should not have said that...I'm sure there will be screaming and tears within the next 5 minutes now.)
- tank tops - chubby arms or not, I am wearing and loving them
- community - I love seeing my friends up at the pool every day during swimming lessons. I feel like such a "parent" and part of the community when I'm there. I know that sounds silly but I like it. :)