Friday, August 12, 2011

artsy fartsy

I knew I was taking a chance with yesterday's post and I was not wrong.  The whole day was not a nightmare, quite nice actually, but everything imploded at about 4:30.  I pushed through the screaming and boredom, grilled up some brats, and we met Patrick at McKee Farms for dinner, a walk and some play time.  Thank God for my husband.  While I relish time at home, too much of a good thing can be not so good.  (when does school start??  heehee.)

I felt so accomplished yesterday with 2 small tasks I completed along with a mountain of laundry.  First, I got this painting at the thrift store last winter and just fell in love with it.  It came framed and matted with a horrible mustard yellow mat.  (?)  The picture is an odd shape so I couldn't just pop a new mat over it and cutting it with an exacto knife was not going to work.  I thought maybe I could just paint over the mat but only had fabric paint at home.  sigh.  I decided to try it anyways and tested it out on a sheet of paper.  It seemed to work fine so I went for it...I love how it turned out.

I'm going to repaint the original frame in black.  I love this so much that it became my new header today.  fun.

My other task also involved some art.  My sister bought me a beautiful print that I had fallen in love with after she had purchased the same picture on a note card from the Art Fair in July.  (run on much?)  I totally love this picture and it has inspired me to get it and some other stuff that I love up on our walls.  (super cool birthday gift from my SIL is next to be framed!)

Here is the print from Andrea, in a frame I found in my basement:


Sorry about the weird angle...I was trying to avoid my messy morning face in the glass.  See - it's a clothesline!  LOVE.

You guys, it's Friday already!  How did that happen?  The week went so fast except for those mind-numbingly slow hours yesterday afternoon.

Nicky (finally) likes to look at books.  And he can crawl up on the couches.  yikes.


As long as he uses this new power for good (reading on the couch) and not evil (climbing up onto the half wall behind him) I am okay with it.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. "The sun has set not long ago, now everybody goes below to take a bath in one big tub - with soap all over, SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB!" I have no idea how many times I've read this book, but it's one of my favorites!! Love to see another little one enjoying it, I can't wait (OK, I can, but you know what I mean!) to read it to the next generation. Love all the art, too, especially the one in the new header!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH< NICKY IS SO FLIPPIN CUTE! I CANT STAND IT! I MISS YOU GUYS +++++++Seester

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he will use it for evil, but he's so darn cute you won't even mind too much (plus he's the 3rd child - standards slip with the 3rd child).

    LOVE that clothesline photo! The other one is v. mysterious. Love how you figured out how to make it work in your house with a little bit of paint. So clever!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...