crabby dabby do

Before I posted yesterday I went for a bike ride.

6:30am. Don't I look pissy?  I wasn't trying to look pissy, I just was pissy.  The pissy - it was oozing out of me.
The ride was lovely,
and I do like how Nicky's seat holds exactly one bag of groceries,
but I was still pissy.  I posted my post about James and had some coffee and was pissy.  Wendy called and I was pissy.  I called Wendy back and said I was sorry for being pissy and hung up and was pissy.  I decided to get us out of the house and STOP BEING PISSY.  It worked for the most part.

The kids and I went to the downtown farmer's market and got some delicious produce, scones and beef jerky.  We walked to Walgreens and got some bandaids (oh, the bandaids we go through).  We walked up to the Monona Terrace and ate our lunch and the kids ran and ran and ran.  I felt less pissy.  When they tired of their urban playground we loaded up and drove back home...hot, sweaty, tired out and feeling a lot better.

The afternoon grumblies set in soon after we got home (the kids, not me) so I called our sitter and arranged to have her come over at 5:15.  I had a nice little evening on my own that ended with me (grudgingly) getting groceries.  I didn't get home until 10:45!  I am so happy now that I don't have to take my kids, though. 

As I was driving last night I felt the last bits of heaviness (sadness, pissiness) fall off of me.  Thank you for your kind words on my last post about James.  It's hard to admit that you feel sad about ultimately good news, you know?  I think a let down is a let down, though, no matter where you start from. 

We just booked a room on the lakefront in Duluth for 2 nights next week.  It was a bit of a splurge but waking up and being able to step outside and be on the lakewalk is a little dream of mine.  I can't wait!  (we got a lake view room with a balcony!  woohoo!)  After those 2 nights we will go to my Dad's house for a few nights.  I am really looking forward to it.  We are going to be there for our 16 year anniversary and it looks like my family is going to take the kids so we can celebrate.  We'll come back next Monday and then on Wednesday my sister in law and her family come for a week...I CANNOT wait to see them and meet my nieces for the first time.  (man, that is sad that I've never met them.)  On Thursday the big kids start school.  wow.  On Friday, Patrick will be off again until the following Tuesday.  Sounds like a pretty awesome way to wind up our summer.

I was going to say I was taking a couple weeks off from the old blog but now I don't know.  If I can fit it in, I will be here.  I like being here, you know?  Thank you for being here with me!  :)

xoxo


Comments

  1. to me you look skinny and beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you gotta fake it 'til you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you don't look pissy honey....you look sad, just check out your eyes........I understand, it's just so normal to be affected by anything having to do w/his health. I love you sweetheart. mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your mama, you look sad. I also agree with Kari, you look skinny minnie girl! :) Admitting that you are sad that you didn't get the news you secretly hoped for is very brave. Most people hold that hurt in and it festers. Let it out and feel comforted that your friends and family know exactly where you are coming from. All of us love you and share your disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally look skinny minny.

    Thanks for making this place for all of us to be!

    I'm glad you have some happy events to look forward to. Can't wait to read about them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts