Wednesday, August 10, 2011

glenwood children's park

The weather this week has been just perfect.  Not too hot, not too cold...just right.  What a refreshing change of pace after all of the heat.  I feel like I just need to be outside on these days. 

The other day I took the kids to a park I had heard about in Madison.  It is a really cool space, a chunk of woods in the middle of the city, set apart for kids to run wild.

At first my kids weren't sure what to do.  Then they realized they could climb and run and they had a great time.  (for about 45 minutes.)  There were some mosquitoes (see all the green?) but bug spray held them off...I don't think any of us got a bite.  I want to go back in the fall as I think it will be even more fun to explore without all the foliage...you can't really see everything through all the leaves. 










After playing we sat down to have a snack and I decided to try for a picture.  (again, because of Teresa.  How much influence does she really have over me???  :)  )


why bother?  :)
cute dirty knees, at least:
*********************************************************

You guys.  My family has eaten SO MUCH zucchini and they have no idea!  ahhahahahhaha!  That jumbo zuke gave me 7 cups to work with.  I made 4 loaves of bread (3 of which are gone) and a big pan of brownies.  It was all delicious.  I've also received tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, and lettuce this week from neighbors.  Super thankful for all of it.

I think we are going to Devil's Lake area today.  It is going to be another beautiful day and I am in the mood for a hike.  We'll see.  I hope you are having happy weeks wherever you are!

xxoo

6 comments:

  1. This looks like a place our boys would really enjoy! I agree - Fall would be a perfect time to go there OR maybe spring OR winter OR summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seester~ everything you are doing sounds, and looks, like so much fun! So many cool things to do around you!! I love the pics, and the b&W of the tree is really pretty~ could be your header sometime! xoxo have Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are too sweet.

    I have never been to that park and I only have a vague sense of where it is. I would love to join you there sometime in the fall. I'm sure my kiddos would totally dig it.

    lastly, maybe an action shot will work with your crew too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. James and Ruby are so big! and I don't even know that wee child!
    I have reading to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an interesting subject. If you are looking for further information on this topic, this site has some great articles.
    Peppa Pig theme park

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures and it seems that you have enjoyed yourselves a lot. This is a wonderful park.

    paultons park offers

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...