To get caught up with all the bits floating in my brain, a list:
- I was so excited to meet my friends at Cranberry Fest last Saturday. So excited! And then Friday night my throat started to hurt and I got the chills. :( I didn't go anywhere on Saturday except to my bed...for nearly 24 hours. It felt so good and was just what my body needed because I felt mostly better by Sunday afternoon.
- I watched a lot of TV on Saturday. It was fun. (but not as fun as Cranberry Fest with Melissa and Angie would have been.)
- I got out bed for 20 minutes on Saturday afternoon to put a roast in the oven. It turned out DELICIOUS. I used this recipe with no fresh herbs and a beer in place of the wine and some of the broth. I also added potatoes. Delicious.
- My neighbor that watched Nicky on Thursdays (all 2 of them) isn't going to have the other kid she watched anymore so I decided to pull Nicky, too. If he's going to sit around with just an adult all day it can be me. :) A friend did suggest another sitter in my neighborhood so I might call her tomorrow. I hope it's not the end of "freebird thursdays" as my sister-in-law calls them. :)
- I just bought a Groupon yesterday for a 2 month pass for the Princeton Club for $50. It needs to be activated by 12/29/11. I am now deciding when I'm going to start. I might wait until the last minute so we'll have something to go out and do during those 2 cold months of winter. They have a beautiful child care facility for Nicky and even the big kids if I ever want to take them in the late afternoon. Kind of excited about it. :)
- I am starting up regular exercise here again - besides just walking with Nicky. I felt like such a loser last week because I was so tired, had NO motivation and was eating everything. It's obvious now that my body was fighting a cold but I got pretty down on myself. (I tend to do that. sigh.) I am feeling better now and am figuring out where I can fit exercise into my new schedule. Looks like early mornings are still it because I only feel like relaxing at nap time. Wish me luck! I'd like to lose 3-5 lbs by Halloween. I think this means I need to stop eating so many cookies. crap.
- The good news is that I maintained my weight loss all summer! woohoo!
- The bad news is that my body seems pretty comfortable here and I'm nervous that it might take a lot of work to push me under this weight.
- I put the flannel sheets on our bed yesterday and was hot all night. Might be a tad too early for flannel sheets.
- Thanks for the scarf love. :) Yesterday morning when Patrick left he warned me not to make too much stuff as the scissors were already out at 8am. :)
As always, thank you so much to my friends and family for reading...and for the rest of you lurkers, whoever you are! :)