Monday, September 26, 2011

sew day

Today was a blustery day, perfect for coffee and sewing.  I prepped some things while Nicky was awake and when he went down for his nap I got to work.

I recently thrifted this skirt because I loved the fabric:

I had already decided to turn it into a scarf when I noticed it matched a sweater I also recently thrifted.  (It's not my usual color but I bought it because it was A COLOR and not black or grey like nearly everything else I own for this cooler weather.)  The sweater was a bit too big so I threw it in the dryer for 20 minutes this morning and it shrunk the perfect amount.  (Note to self:  do not put this sweater in the dryer anymore.)

The greens are actually a better match in person.  The scarf is silky (polyester) so it shows up kind of shiny in these pictures.

Here is another scarf I had thrifted this past summer but it was big and square and had ratty edges.

I had a plain orange long sleeve tshirt that I was going to get rid of but I noticed today that the two matched!  I took the tshirt in a bit, cut the edges off of the scarf, cut it in fourths, and sewed a long skinny scarf out of it.

(I've since ironed it and it looks much cuter.)  Yay!  Something else colorful for my wardrobe.

I also took in another (blue) (thrifted) shirt and two (beige and green) (thrifted) sweaters today. 

I'm starting to feel a bit better about getting dressed these next few months. 

I love thrift stores.  :)

xoxo

p.s.  My big kids took Nicky downstairs for 15 minutes so I could type this up.  I don't normally blog when baby is awake anymore because he attacks me to get at the computer.  He loves to sit in my chair and play with the mouse.  Oh, Nicky. 

5 comments:

  1. Love your new clothes! Totally cute and a bargain besides- what a woman!!
    Love you - Auntie Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE making new out of old! And you're Awe.Some. at it! Way to go, Steph!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, you're amazing!!! Hope you are feeling better. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scarves!! You rock!! Those are adorable outfits!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...