Thursday, October 06, 2011

p.s. number 7, a day early

7.  tell someone, or the whole internets, how you feel.  It feels so good sometimes to just say I AM CRABBY.

oh yeah, and my kid MAKES ME CRAZY sometimes.

If I had more time I would tell you how freaking batshit crazy James made me yesterday.  After a trip to Target to get a new toy and a fun open gym session, we went to get flu shots.  James LOST IT and was screaming and hollering and actually RAN AWAY and HID when it was time to get his shot.  I wanted to die.  It took 4 nurses and me to hold him down, cover his mouth, and give him his shot.  They were all so wonderful to me (the nurses) but the other people waiting gave me lots of snooty looks.  Maybe it was the way I was gripping James' arm as I dragged him back behind the curtain??  And they might have seen me muttering angrily to him but there's no way they could have known I told him I was taking away all of his legos if he dared run away from me again.  It wasn't like I was giving him an appendectomy without sedation, people.  It was a FLU SHOT.  jeez.

the end.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. It was very nice of you to mutter those words because I would have screamed at my kid in front of all those people. I have been there sister and I know ALL the feelings you had during that situation.

    Bat-shit crazy, angry, crabby mothers unite!!!!

    hehehehe :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS MADE ME CHUCKLE TO THE POINT WHERE MY BIG BELLY WAS SHAKING LIKE SANTA CLAUS. YOU WILL LAUGH ABOUT THIS SOMEDAY TOO :0 TEDDY WAS ABOUT 4 WHEN HE JUMPED OFF THE TABLE AND FREAKED AT THE DOCTOR AND LITTLE IVY WAS ALL, "IT DOES NOT HUWT TEDDY".
    MISS YOU AND THE BELLEVILLE POOL. XOXO, COUSINTINE

    ReplyDelete
  3. you must not be raising him right.......:)hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahhaha just kidding.....made me think of you at the Piedmont hair salon.....lucky you were wearing your snowsuit when I got you out to the car.....I could hardly spank you, but I tried :) mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain, sister. We ALL have had those moments, and I have decided to delude myself that the looks are more like "thank God it's her and not me" looks.

    Loving up a baby sounds like a perfect way to take away the uglies. Hope you enjoyed your lunch with your friend.

    Oh, and I really enjoy your 31 steps to happiness. No pressure, you can stop here, but if you continue, I will enjoy everyone you list. Such great suggestions (all except that tooth flossing one, which I have such a hard time doing!).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...