Monday, October 10, 2011

sleepy and snotty and london and veggies

I am getting a little bit tired of my gray blog background and even my header.  Nicky slept like crap last night due to a sick runny nose and (post-nasal drip) cough.  I overslept (quite happily...nice dreams) this morning so I drove the kids to school.  They were so happy.  Patrick is here when he should be here.  I miss him.  (he left yesterday and will return on Friday.)  Nicky and I are going to put up Halloween decorations today to surprise the children after school.  I am going to give you 3 more happy tips today because Teresa said she liked them.  Thank you, Teresa.  :)

8.  eat your fruits and veggies.  If you're not sure how much you should be eating, check here.  I don't think anyone would deny that we should be eating more of this stuff, that it is the best stuff for us, but it can be (strangely) hard to do sometimes.  Like when I floss, I feel SO GOOD when I am eating all my veggies.  One way to get them in is by drinking a green smoothie.  I've been a green smoothie fan for years but they definitely come and go in my food repertoire.  Lately my sister in law won't shut up about them so they are back on my radar.  (thanks Cheryl!  :) )  (her and her husband have each lost 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks by adding in green smoothies every morning!)  The last few mornings I've made smoothies with greek yogurt, oj, spinach, blueberries and chia seeds.  Before my day even starts I've gotten in 2 fruit servings and 1.5 veggie servings and that feels GOOD.  I plan on having baby carrots and tomatoes at lunch (2 more veg servings) , some strawberries for a snack and some kind of bean at dinner.  Done and done. 

I will be back later with my other 2 tips.  Nicky won't stop trying to blow raspberries on my belly and I need to change my kleenex shirt.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...