thrift share monday

This post might be quite a conglomeration of thrifty/reselling info.  I'm not sure yet...let's see where it takes us!

First, I'd like to apologize to my normal (aka not thrift obsessed) readers if they have found my posts mind-numbingly boring lately. For the last 5+ years I've been blogging about my life and, well, this is my life right now! I'm sure eventually I will stop mentioning ebay in every post. :) As always, thank you for reading. You are dear to me.

And to all the new thrift-loving friends who stop by, WELCOME!  I hope you enjoy my stories as much as I am enjoying yours.  :)  Thanks for visiting and please subscribe to my posts (there's a link at the end of this post) if you enjoy what you see.

Now, to the business at hand.  It's Monday and you know what that means...Thrift Share Monday!

I didn't actually find a whole lot for myself/family this week but did get plenty to resell so that is good.  I'm trying to be super critical of what I buy for us.  We are all pretty much SET on summer clothes, with just a few holes to fill, so I don't want to bring in a whole lot more.  Here are a few things I did find:

H&M t shirt for Ruby:  1.00  (isn't she crazy talented??)

 Gap tank for me:  $2.00 (I guess if I'm going to be honest with you, I do think there's always room for one more tank top)  :)
 Sandals for Ruby:  1.00  These were made in Italy and of all the shoes I've found for her lately, she likes these the most.  You can never tell with that girl.  She said they are very comfy.

Here's a sample of what I found for reselling:

I bought a big bag of plastic food very inexpensively and divided it up.  I listed this as a "farmers market CSA lot"...we will see.  :)

 some cute vegan earth shoes:  (for sale now!)
 I bought these build a bear animals for the underwear and clothes they were wearing (for Ruby) and put the lot of animals in my store:
 I bought these Birkenstock Papillio sandals and listed them in my store.  They sold a little while after I wrote that post on how nothing in my store was getting any views.  :)
 Apparently "vintage" Ralph Lauren can sell well.  (let's find out!)

 I accidentally ended up spending a lot of Saturday down in our basement.  I sorted all my clothes for the children's resale coming up in April:


I have about $55 into clothes.  I'm hoping to make around $300 or more.  eeeeek!  This will be a nailbiter!

I read an inspiring post on The Ebay Thrifter last week about organizing your ebay items.  When I read about her hanging rack for clothes I thought, "Hey!  Wait a minute!"  What I have isn't exactly meant for this but it is doing the job.  These are most of the clothing items I have to list:


 And I cleared out some fabric out of this shelving system to make room for all of my misc. items listed, clothes listed, and shoes (on the top):


I have another little cabinet with misc. items still to be photographed/listed, a basket for items SOLD and waiting for payment and another basket for already photographed items that need to be listed.  I also ordered LOTS of Priority Mail boxes last week (sorry, Mr. Mailman!) and have a spot waiting for them.

It feels so good to have all of this so organized!!  I am so thankful for our large and super dry basement.  I also sorted through TONS of Future Nicky clothes and got rid of a lot of them.  All the summer clothes also got pulled out and most of them are away (except mine).  I still have to put away winter but I'm not quite ready to do that.  We do live in Wisconsin, you know.  :)  It turned out to be an amazing work day for me and it just happened by accident...I went down to start a load of laundry and came up 4 hours later.  :)  I was so thankful to Patrick for hanging out with the kids and bringing me coffee and snacks as needed.  xx

I have more to say about our weekend and such but will stop for now.  I hope you are all having nice Mondays so far.  :)

xoxo

 Did you enjoy this post? Please click here to subscribe in a reader!

Comments

  1. I just organized the items I sell in my home office. I wish I had a basement, then again if I did I would have no limit to all my thrifted purchases. I am slowly creeping into ebay as a selling venue. Good luck selling!
    www.MessyMerci.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. those birks are amazing - great finds and yes, your daughter is super talented ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little pink shoes are super cute! Good job on getting organized!

    PS- You are sooo not alone when it comes to other thrifters in the blog community, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts