Thursday, March 22, 2012

today

I need a list. stat.  I have so many things to do and choices about today that I know I need a list to help me focus.  What I want to do is head out with Nicky for a long walk/thrift store excursion but what I maybe should do is save my gas $$ and just thrift alone tomorrow.  But I also need to put up flyers for the children's resale in April and I don't really want to put that all off until tomorrow.  I think I already know what I'm going to do.  Can you guess??  :)

Here is a stack of magazines I received last week or the week before.  I subscribed to a bunch of magazine for Christmas and it is so fun.  I haven't even read all of these but it's good to know they are waiting for me.  Of course, US Weekly should be in this pile but I discreetly put it in the bathroom for my husband after I'm done with it.  hahahaha.  I also get HGTV magazine which is a good one.  Oh, and House Beautiful.  I want Vanity Fair.  Maybe next year.  They always have such good articles to read.  (kind of news-y yet gossip-y, too)  I just remembered I get Clean Eating, too.  Good Lord.  Do I have a problem?  I feel so guilty!  hahahhahahahaha.  kidding. 
By the way, I won't subscribe to Real Simple again.  I re-subscribed after taking a couple years off and it's as boring as I remember.  It used to be so good!  sigh.

On Sunday the big kids and I met Wendy and her girls at the zoo.  We spent most of our time at the little beach across the street, though.  It has been so gorgeous out.
A family pulled up with this bike and we wanted to take it for a spin sooooo bad.  Isn't it cool???  Wendy said she'd pedal and I could stand on that platform.
This is just a picture of Nicky's chubby little legs on our sick day on Tuesday.

Nicky figured out how to open the patio gates.  Of course he did.  We have one of them banded shut now and have removed all stools that would afford him access to the latch on the outside of the other one.  Tricky little bugger.  A friend emailed me yesterday and reminded me that toddlers are a lot of work.  They make her weary, too.  :)  They kind of are, aren't they?  So sweet, though.  He likes to cuddle up to me and say "hi" over and over in a very tender voice.  He gives me and my glasses little kisses and pats me gently.  He also yells "OW!" in place of no.  It's funny.  He also sings little bits of twinkle, twinkle little star at night.  Oh, Nicky.  How can he be nearly 2?  (not that I mind...) hahhaha

It feels a little awkward that I wrote that super important (to me) and heartfelt post and no one commented on it here.  I kind of wonder if you all think I'm awful or strange or I don't know what.  But also, I kind of don't.  You do develop thick skin after blogging for so many years.  I'm very glad I got it all out.  It was a big moment for me.

I'm got a hot date with the toaster right now.

Oh!  That reminds me!  Speaking of hot.  My husband has lost about 13lbs in the past 2 weeks.  He's been just eating less and taking a walk every day.  HOW DISGUSTING!  How can men lose weight so quickly and effortlessly???  My friend has talked about this before but now I see it first hand and it's sick.  Of course I am very proud of him, too.  VERY.  We were laying in bed last night and all of a sudden he goes, "Oh!"  and I was like, what? and he said, "I think I just lost another pound."  HAHAHA.  rat bastard.

xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. I commented on the post you are talking about, and then google sucks (sometimes) and my comment was gone! I even still had you blog window up on my work computer to write it again as I had time! (I think from now on I will copy everything I write in comments on blogger before I submit in case it does that because it seems to happen over and over!) I said something along the lines of:

    I love how God gently shows us parts of ourselves we are afraid to admit or look at in such a gentle and loving way! He's so good and does it without making us feel shame, even when it's hard stuff. Thanks for being so vulnerable with us!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when that happens, Kathy.

    Thank you so much for trying again. :) You put yourself and your heart out there so often in your posts and I always appreciate it. It's not easy...I think it's one of your gifts. I can blast out a blog post about my day any old time but trying to write something really important (or that makes me vulnerable) seems to take me forever. It's scary.

    Anyways, thank you. He is so good, isn't He? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not lying when I say that I started commenting on that post and I was at work so it was blocked. I loved that post. It is so amazing when God speaks so directly through the preaching of His Word and then to top it off he gave you Blessed Assurance. I have had similar experiences where I am awestruck by how extravagant and personally He loves me. I was so encouraged that you shared on your blog. I laughed when you mentioned Glen Barnes...I thought of Judy Miller pressing play on a tape player and singing El Shaddai for "special music". It really made me thankful for Ogden where I also first learned of the love of Christ by being loved by some of the most amazing believers I've ever known. Anyway, I hope you'll continue to share your heart with us here. I love you more than you know!
    -Cousintine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...