hello friends,

I'm going to do a little catching up here with some random photos from my phone.  First we have Ruby and her buddy at the egg hunt here in our little town:

Easter morning bubbles on the patio:
Nicky at Toddler Time:
A day at the zoo when Grandma was here:







Ruby and I went garage sale-ing early one Saturday morning:

My new favorite cup:
I got Ruby this swim shirt and she insisted on wearing it to school immediately.  She said only Dawson noticed it was a swim shirt and he said he liked it.  :)
Little Nicky, blowing out his candles:  (repeatedly)  (isn't that a dirty prince song...little nicky??)
Nicky on the scooter with no handles.  Poor kid.  He actually can scoot, which I love.
Below is one small section of half pint resale.  This place was insanely packed with stuff.  I was awestruck.  I did really, really good, too!  I don't know how much sold full price vs. half price yet but about 90% of what I brought, sold!  Just about 300 pieces sold.  so cool!!  Can't wait to get my check! 
I bought this shirt below for 1.00.  It is size 5X and new with the tags.  It sold the next day, to someone in London, for $49.99 + shipping.  I love finding nice plus size clothes because they can be hard to find or really pricey, depending on where you live, so they usually sell well.  (Shirts from this company START at $70)  This may sound strange but I also always say a prayer for the person who donated things this size to the thrift store.  I always hope they lost weight and had to get smaller clothes...not the reverse.  I can't imagine the struggle of having so much weight to lose.  I am struggling to lose 6 lbs right now.  What a wimp. 
Here are the kids on the rug I thrifted for Nicky's birthday.  It is like new and cost $3.  He hasn't played with it since.  hahahhahaa!  At least it looks cute in his bedroom.


I am baking chicken (sorry, heidi) now for dinner tonight.  James is in a play this afternoon and has really bad stage fright.  He came home yesterday with a headache and confessed today that the play was why.  He seemed to feel better after I explained "stage fright" to him and how nearly all performers get it.  He also read the children's Bible for a while before school.  awwwww.  Yesterday Ruby asked me if I had asked Jesus into my heart for real, not joking around.  I told her yes and that it was when I was 15 years old.  She was kneeling down, putting on her shoes, and said, "I just did right now."  I nearly stopped breathing.  Praise the Lord!!  :)  Church must have been good on Sunday.  :)

I had SO much to do yesterday but instead met a friend at the park and then went to Heidi's to get my stuff left over after the sale.  When we finally got home I was rushing around doing my packaging, trying to iron and take pictures of stuff to list later on.  Then the school called and James needed to be picked up (stage fright) so I had to get Nicky up and go get him.  I then had to finish packaging sales and get them to the post office before they closed at 4:30.  It felt crazy.  Note to self:  I need to do my work BEFORE I do fun stuff.  (we did have a really fun morning, though!!)  :)  After we got back from the post office we all (the kids and I) layed down on my bed and I made a list of stuff to do today and we just talked and it was so nice.  Just what I needed.  Then I got up and made a delicious meatloaf for dinner.  I didn't have enough milk for mashed potatoes and meatloaf so I used beer (Fat Tire Holiday Ale) in the meatloaf and it was SO GOOD.

I realized last Friday, after another fruitful day at the thrift, that I have easily 150 pieces of clothing (and a few shoes) for my store.  (plus other misc. stuff.  oh dear.)  You know, that stuff isn't going to sell sitting in my basement.  I made a goal for myself to get 50 new items listed each week for the next 3 weeks.  And here's the kicker...I can't go thrifting that week unless I get them listed!!  ouch!  The thrifting is the best part!  :)  I have 24 new items listed already this week.  Wish me luck!  You can see my store here if you're interested in seeing my treasures.  (hopefully some of them are treasures!)

Nicky is getting into trouble now, I can hear him.  Did you know he makes me sing eensy weensy spider about 4 times before bed every night?  He does.  Thank you, Nicky.

xoxoxo, dear ones.

Comments

  1. Awwww Ruby...bless your little heart. Gramma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts