the best news of all

The best news I have for you is that my sister had her baby!!  Elijah Thomas was born yesterday afternoon, quite quickly, and mama and baby are doing wonderfully.  My heart feels so thankful that he is out and healthy and that she can enjoy her body without a baby in the middle of it anymore.  So happy for her and Ronan!!!  I want to squeeze him so bad.  He has a tiny squishy face and I am (impatiently) waiting for MORE PICTURES.  :) 

Nicky is lying naked on the rug playing with his trucks.

What did you think I was going to say??

Okay, he might be playing with that a little, too.

It is dang hot outside but we are not dealing with floods or fires and for that I am so grateful.  I am also very grateful for our A/C.  Amen.

I just suggested to Nicky that it was time for a diaper and he slithered right under the couch.  ha!  Turkey.

Wendy and I ran this morning and it was so hard.  It was 77 degrees at 6am, very humid, and our 5min - 8min - 5min runs felt SO hard.  ugh.  The day before yesterday we ran 20 minutes.  IN A ROW.  That was so fun.  It was a cool morning and it felt really, really good.  We both think that whoever wrote the couch to 5K program is a genius.  We love to talk about how awesome we are.  :)  Not really but kind of...just in the sense that we can't believe we are doing this.  I am so thankful Susan suggested it to me.  The rest of the week is supposed to be hot and humid so I'm not sure what will happen.  We are scheduled for a 25 minute run next Monday...I hope it's a bit better by then.

Life is good.  I am enjoying summer a lot so far but pretty exhausted, too.  Most things feel so much easier with Nicky this summer, as compared to last, so I think I am just saying yes to everything and I know I can't keep that up forever.  Summer school ends next week and I think the change up will be good.  I hope I can catch my breath and figure out a slightly slower routine for us.  I cannot believe it's going to be July already!  Today we are just staying home and I honestly cannot wait.  (ask me how I'm feeling by 6pm.)  ha!

I will shut up now and show you some pics from last week.  Picnic Point, always a favorite spot of ours. 

 Duckling crossing:


 Ruby built this compound all by herself.  I love how she added some landscaping:


 James climbed out to this rock for a picture,
 and then every other kid (except Nicky) climbed out to pose with him.
 Don't worry...I won't show you all of them.  :)





xoxoxo

Comments

Popular Posts