get to work!

Nicky is sleeping.  James and Ruby are outside playing with friends.  I need to get to work but am having trouble finding the motivation.  I kind of would rather brew some more coffee and lie down on the couch with a good book.

I'm so glad it's Friday.

This week was a lot for me.  We start a new swim session on Monday and I got them in at 10:30 and 11:00 which I'm glad about.  Getting done a bit earlier will make it easier to make afternoon plans and not worry as much about Nicky's nap or lack thereof. 

Wendy and I met at the track last night and it was perfect weather for running.  Cool and windy (windy on one half of the track, not on the other)...it felt so good.  I started out slowly but was feeling really good at the halfway point and ended up doing 2.4 miles.  I think I might have been able to do even more but felt fine stopping, too.  I totally got the runner's high and was so happy and wide awake when I got home at 9pm.  :)  Those kinds of runs make up for the crappy/hot ones.  I wish I could have them more often.  Maybe in the fall?

I checked back on my blog and saw that I started the couch to 5k program on May 30th.  I could barely run one minute then, less than 2 months ago.  Last night I ran 33 minutes and felt good enough to speed up a little on and off.  My lungs and breathing felt good.  I don't know if I could chat with someone but I don't feel out of breath while I'm running.  My legs don't specifically get tired like they used to...I mainly just start feeling all-around tired after a while.  (or right away, depending on the day.)  I read yesterday (number 28 on this list) that every pound you lose makes running a little bit easier.  I haven't lost any more weight in the last week but I am keeping that in mind. 

I started the week a hot mess.  It was hard for me to share that here but I wanted to be honest about how I was feeling and all the feedback and kind words and shared experiences helped me sooooo much.  Thank you.  I am ending the week in a really good place.  I can see the progress I've made and am so thankful for my stronger and healthier body.

You guys.  It's so strange.  I NEVER would have EVER seen myself doing this. 

xoxoxo


Comments

  1. i used to mock runners: "why the hell would someone run for no good reason?" now i can't live without a few runs in my week. we've become crazy! :)
    also, it took me a full year to get to my 9 minute mile...and a full year to be able to run for the 24 minutes straight that i'm doing now. a year ago, i could barely run the 2 minutes in the c25K program!
    you're doing GREAT! :) ~liz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts