Monday, January 07, 2013

my gamble...will it pay off?

I recently had a particularly fruitful day of thrifting and thought I'd share it here and update you on all of these particular items one month from today.  This will show you what I think when I buy something, what I hope to get for it and what actually happens.  :)

Large Plush Horse - paid $7 - would like to make $50
Tongue Tie - paid $1.29, found stain after I paid.  sigh.  MUST BE MORE CAREFUL.  Am going to wash and see.  would like to make $15
Bed Canopy - paid $4 (it's behind the horse) - keeping for Ruby's birthday
Building Block things - paid $2 - keeping for summer survival kit
Skeleton Stacking Game - paid $2 - keeping for rainy day
Polo Duffle Bag - paid $4 (kind of a gamble) - would love to make $30
REI Belt - paid $1 - bought for Patrick, too big - would love to make $10 (not likely)
Heart Candle - paid $1 - valentine decoration for us
Dansko mary janes - paid $4 - for me!  woot, woot, woot!
Dansko lace ups - paid $4 - would like to make $40
Wolky sandals - paid $4- would like to make $40+
Jambu sandals - paid $4 - still hoping feet might shrink so they fit?! - sigh...hope to make $40-50
2 pairs earth shoes - paid $4 ea - both fit me but OMgosh, I don't need any more cute shoooooooes (or do I?) - hope to make $35+ each
Wolky boots - paid $6 - see Jambu sandals above, tooooo small  boo, hope to make $40+



So.  I spent $55 (that's a lot for me, like I said, this day was a good one!).  $13 of that is for us so $42 is the cost for ebay items.  I hope to turn that $42 into $335 profit.  I will update with this same photo one month from today.  Wish me luck!  :)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. This is fun! Can't wait to see what you make. Also loved the list of what you want to do in Paris...sounds prefect.
    xoxo,
    Cousintine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...