quiet tuesday

 Hello out there.  How's it going?  I am tired today as I stayed up late watching the Bachelor finale on DVR.  I was very happy with the ending.  :)  Today is snowy outside and quiet in here.  I am having a cleaning/reorganizing day so Nicky is staying busy with all the junk I am pulling out and moving around.

I thought I'd share a few pictures from last weekend.  I met Andrea & Ronan at the Overture Center for Kids in the Rotunda on Saturday morning.  None of our kids stayed interested for very long but it was good to see them and get out a bit.

 Afterwards we met at Einstein Bagels and it was very nice.  It was quiet in there and the kids didn't get wild which is always a bonus.  :)  Isn't Eli adorable???

On Sunday I took the kids to church and was going to take them to McDonald's but suddenly hit a wall.  I was trying to get them out of the house so Patrick could work (He's gotten a lot more done!  There is a lot involved in finishing a room.  Who knew??) but just couldn't take it anymore.  So we came home instead and I took a 2 hour nap.  Ahhhhh, much better.

I bought a roll of chicken wire over a year ago for this project.  I spray painted the frame last summer and finally today, 9 months later, put it together.  I kind of love it and can't wait to find more things to stick on there.  I found a box of large vintage paperclips yesterday and my sister just gave me some other tiny clips so that's what I'm using to keep it all attached.
Nicky changes his clothes about 5 times a day now, mainly his shirts, because he CAN.  ME DO IT is all he says now, about everything.  A lot of things in my life suddenly take a lot longer but I am trying to go with it most of the time and only intervene when I absolutely cannot take it a second more.  :) 
This morning I asked him if he wanted to stay home with mama today and he looked at me out of the corner of his eye and said, "No, me to go Auntie Sarah's, Mom."  heehee.  He was teasing me!  Little stinker.  (He did go yesterday which was very nice.)

We signed Ruby up for a week of day camp for this summer (and picked James' out) so that feels good.  Ruby's camp is on a local farm so she'll get to spend a lot of time with animals, learning about them and helping to take care of them.  Her friend is also going or she wouldn't have had anything to do with it.  When I went in to wake her up this morning I found a note she had written me:

 She is so sweet.  I love her little notes.

Time for lunch!  Have a great day!

xoxox


Comments

Popular Posts