Thursday, April 18, 2013

Non-Scale Victories #2

Good morning!  I'm so glad it's Thursday...only 2 more days of Ripped in 30 and then I get two days off!!  :)  (I am going to workout this afternoon as I did it at 8:30 last night and am not mentally prepared to go through it again so soon.  :)

How are you?  I'm good.  Nicky seemed better as the day progressed but still managed to puke on me 3 times.  Patrick is staying home this morning with him so I can get my consignment sale stuff dropped off.  I had everything loaded into the van by the time the kids got home from school yesterday so I was DONE.  It was so nice to go to bed last night and just read...not have to think about anything.  I am definitely not going to save it all for the last couple of weeks when the fall sale rolls around.

I am joining up again today with Katie J. & Lex for the Non-Scale Victories link up.  I've got a few of them so let's get started.

1.  BUTTERCREAM.  I love buttercream frosting.  so much.  Seriously.  YUM!  On Nicky's birthday I had quite a bit but when I figured out my calories I was only about 500 over for the day.  That is only 1/7 of a pound...nothing to freak out about, you know?  I've been doing so good that I didn't let seriously pigging out on frosting for one day didn't get me down and THAT felt good. 

(see how I spun that my way?  eating gobs of frosting is Good!  it's a happy thing!  :)  )

2.  I only had one cupcake yesterday.  nuff said.

3.  Last Saturday when I took the kids to Pizza Hut, I ordered their Fit and Delicious pizza.  The Stuffed Crust monstrosity that the kids chose was tempting but I was totally fine with my thin crust option.

 4.  I struggle with getting 5+ servings of fruits and veggies in.  Green smoothies are great for this as I can usually knock off 3 servings that way but I'm not always in the mood for those.  This week I roasted up some broccoli, zucchini, and lots of mini peppers and had enough to eat it 3x.  Patrick even ate a lot of it, too.  (there were 2 pans.)  It was so good and I'm going to get some more veggies to do it again today.  Those bags of mini peppers at the grocery store are so tempting but I never know what to do with all of them.  But they're so cute!  :)  So, this is great for getting rid of adorable baby peppers, too.

I look forward to hopping around this afternoon and reading about everyone else's victories for the week!  Check them out here:


button

6 comments:

  1. I just drooled at the mention of buttercream frosting. Kudos to you for not eating an entire container. haha my weakness is cream cheese frosting. Luckily, I can't remember the last time I had any! Maybe I'll have some on my birthday in a couple of months! :) Looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I love buttercream. I believe in not denying myself, but to be realistic. If we don't, we will end up on a super-binge. Great job this week!
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog on the non-scale victories linkup. I wish I had that kind of willpower! Cupcakes and pizza are both really hard for me to say no to.

    Ashley @ http://downsizingashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just thinking about butter cream icing makes me hungry. Great job not going crazy with it! I am not strong enough to be near it without trying to inhale an entire container.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of pizza hut's fit and delicious pizza before, I need to check that out! Pizza is a major downfall for me! But so are cupcakes. . . great job only having 1!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's okay to treat yourself with your favorite foods once in a while. Denying yourself to your favorite foods can lead to cravings and subsequently binging on other days.

    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...