Monday, April 08, 2013

rainy monday

Good Morning!  How the heck are ya?  You betcha!  just kidding.  Not sure where that came from.  Just a little Minnesota Moment. 

:)  How was your weekend?  Mine was just about perfect in that way that real life is.  I got a TON done, Patrick got a TON done, we relaxed, went to church, saw my sister a little, my kids were either monsters or really sweet, we had one gorgeous day, I planted two trees, we grilled.  It was so nice.  Loved it.  Love this rainy Monday, too.

I started week 2 of Ripped in 30 this morning and it kind of sucked.  Which is good!  These workouts are only 18 minutes long + warm up and cool down so you know that whatever you're doing isn't going to last much longer.  You will probably have to do it again in a minute but it won't last too long then, either.  Each workout consists of 3 cycles of: 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and then 1 minute of abs.  Sounds kind of easy, doesn't it?  ha!  Two minutes of non-stop plank jacks/some other random torturous plank exercise is not easy. (for me.)  Anyways, point is...another week started and I'm glad it's hard because then I'll know I've gotten stronger if it's easier by Friday.  :)

If I wasn't so lazy I would go take a picture of James' room now.  I'm not sure what my last update was but he now has working outlets and two recessed lights on a dimmer switch!  Yay!  The only things left now are to seal his wooden ledge and patch a marker spot on the wall.  (Ruby and her friend colored on the dry wall years ago and it bled through the paint.  We got some KILLZ.)  So happy about this.  His room looks so nice.  :)  Yay!

Nicky will be 3 next week.  Holy cow.  He did his morning pee on the potty this morning with James, Ruby and I sitting around him and cheering him on.  I'm not sure he's quite ready but I am starting to lay the groundwork.  I like to wait to really try until they are 3...it just seems easier.  I have no idea how it will go but he sure did like all the excitement around him this morning.  :) 

I found a bunch of weight loss blogs and I might do a couple of their "link ups" this week.  Just a forewarning.  :)  I know my blog has gone in many directions over the years...that is because it reflects what's going on with me at the time and that seems to change fairly regularly.  Right now I'm really motivated to lose some weight and get stronger so feel free to check out for a while if that's not your thing. :)  (but you never know!!)

Time to get to work. 9:01.  I'm late!!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hello friend way over there in B town!! Miss you. I love catching up with you via your blog. Can't wait to read more about those othere WL blogs. It was icky out this morning so I had coffee and a few oreo's. HAHAHA - I'm so inspirational eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too, Susan!! You are always an inspiration to me! Whether running 4 miles or savoring a treat, you do it so well. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...