I just wanna feel this moment

Hi peeps,

How are you?  I'm good.  I just finished an afternoon coffee and all of my kids are occupied.  WHAT COULD BE BETTER??

Today was a work day.  I did some listing stuff this morning and then hit the Dig and found a TON of stuff.  Practically everything was new and I stayed for a long time.  It was extra great because Heidi came and I hadn't seen her forever.  A while later she posted on facebook how excited she was to be doing laundry.  There's nothing quite like the load of laundry after a good day at the dig.  :)  I left there and got some groceries that were all over the table when Nicky got home.  Here is our conversation:

N: Whew did all dat stuff come from, mom?
S:  I got groceries today.
N: (incredulously) DAT'S what you do while you work?  (emphasis his)

HAHAHA.  Mind your own business, 3 year old.  I can do whatever I want.  :)  It was so funny.  He is such a little turkey.

There are only 2 weeks left of school!  That is crazy but I am totally ready for it.  I am also going to enjoy the heck out of these last two weeks.  :)  I did find a babysitter for the summer, though, one day a week, so I am happy about that.  It really helped me to have that break last summer.  I am hoping to keep going somewhat with ebay so I will use that time to shop or even list somewhere that I can get free WIFI.  I don't think anyone at the library would mind if I set up downstairs with my laptop, measuring tape and a bag full of clothes.  :)  (that actually sounds kind of nice...)

My weigh in yesterday was good.  I was down that last pound plus a little bit more.  Yay!  This morning's was even better but that is not official yet.  ;)  Tonight we are having hamburgers with fried eggs on top, though, so...?  :/  I just went and looked it up and it's not as bad as I thought.  The burger is 210, the egg 70.  Bun will be 100 plus a slice of cheese, 100=480.  That will bring me to 1400 for the day so I can still have either some carrots & hummus or an ice cream bar.  :)  I wonder what it will be???  HAHAHA. 

Speaking of laundry, I have been in a state of laundry nirvana for the last month or so.  We got our basement cleaned up and ever since I have been totally on top of the laundry.  I have a really good system down and have been so fearful of losing it that I haven't spoken of it.  I have always been good at doing laundry, it's the folding and putting away that dragged me down.  I now have a table down there so I fold it as I take it out of the drier (THE KEY!!) and sort it into piles for each of us.  I am responsible for bringing mine & Nicky's (and towels) upstairs but the others take care of their own!  It is so nice.  Everyone knows where to look and there is no hollering about socks or underwear in the morning.  :)  The kids don't always get their stuff put away but I don't really care about that.  They get to it on the weekend then when we make them clean up their rooms.  Laundry is kind of my happy place now.  I can go down there and just have a "moment", you know?  happy sigh.  I love those moments.  They are hard to describe but you know what I mean, right?  When something is just right and satisfying.

The other morning it was 9:30 and I hadn't had my coffee yet.  My sister asked how I could do that and I said I thought it was just because I enjoyed looking forward to it so much, that I put it off.  She laughed and said I've really always been like that and I realized she was right!  I love having things to look forward to whether it be a vacation or a cup of coffee.  Or a laundry moment.  :)

Hope you found some happy moments today.  xoxoo

Comments

Popular Posts