Wednesday, June 26, 2013

pinterest fail

Yesterday afternoon, in a fit of pinspiration, I started gathering the supplies to make a water wall for my kids to play with.  I decided to attach some stuff onto a chicken wire panel and got to work cutting some recyclables.  On the second one my scissors slipped off the bottleneck and jabbed into that delicate flesh between the base of my thumb and the rest of my hands.  I couldn't really look at it, just saw the blood and ran in to get a towel.  After a brief glance I had James call Patrick.  I needed back up.  :)  He got home, took a look at it, and said he'd drive me to urgent care.  A few stitches later and I was sore and tired but patched up.  We got home and I crawled into bed with a beer and Ruby.  Patrick brought me up a taco salad a while later, I scarfed it down and fell asleep.  It is still achy this morning but I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it.  dumb, dumb, dumb.  I hope my kids see my example and are more careful with scissors.  :) Patrick made dinner, cleaned up and put the kids to bed but didn't think it important to clean up the fat, red droplets of blood leading from the garage entry to the kitchen sink.  That is my only goal today.  Oh, and getting that wall finished.

kidding.

maybe.

How are you?

I am enjoying this week, aside from all the rain.  James has track & field every afternoon from 1-3 and he's really enjoying it.  I am enjoying it because it's keeping us home and Nicky is getting normal naps at a normal time for a change.  It's good to have some normal after our first two whirlwind weeks of summer.  Ruby had a friend over yesterday and gets to go to a friend's house today...I am happy for her because her best buddy next door is at daycare all day, every day this month so she has been kind of lonely.  On Tuesday afternoon she got to go to Annie's by herself for an hour to play with Jacob.  The boys and I went to a park and then we all went to pizza together.  It was really good and a lot of fun but CHAOTIC.  5 kids can be crazy...especially when 3 of them are so little.  I love it, though.  Tomorrow afternoon we are going over there again to celebrate little Eli turning ONE!!  Yay!

I never said what happened with my back, did I?  I can't recall.  I had hurt it taking a bike down (the bike swung and hit me pretty hard) and it hurt for over a week before I called the doctor.  They scheduled me with a Physical Therapist on a Thursday (Ronan came and watched my kids, bless him) and it felt better almost immediately but I was still somewhat sore all day & the next.  I did my stretching exercises as prescribed and I woke up Saturday morning (the day I went with my sister) and was FINE.  As in, totally fine.  I was on my feet for about 15 hours that day and it didn't bother me at all.  A miracle.  A sister-weekend miracle.

I hadn't done any exercise aside from walking since I hurt my back so it felt good to sweat with Jillian on Monday.  I appreciated the break from sweaty exercise but really started to miss it and now I am very sad that I have to wait another week until my stitches come out before I can hold weights or my kettleball in my left hand.  (so thankful it was my left hand!!)  My weight is the same but I STILL want to lose 4 more pounds.  I want to hover around that next 10lb level.  I am -6lbs now which still seems like I could easily be up to the next 10lb level if I'm not careful.  If I am 4 lbs lower then I can hover around a little (also called maintenance) but feel pretty safe that I will stay in that range.  I just want some more wiggle room but need to really apply myself to get there. 

I have to go play cars now.  TV time is over and the sun is out!!

xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember where I saw a recent picture of you lately, but I thought"she's looking goood. Healthy. Strong. Skinny." Keep up the good work. Watch out for those damn pintrest projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kari. :) Damn pinterest is right.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...