I am sorry, but this has to be another list. kiss kiss.
- N: Can I have some of those cuddles, Mom? (he likes to cuddle up every morning but this was a new way of asking. cute.)
- Half Pint is over! I dropped off last Thursday and it was the best feeling. Can't wait to get my check even though I had a lot less to sell this time. (I barely shopped for sale items this summer.) (that's okay.)
- I loved our summer. I miss doing fun stuff with the kids all the time. I miss Wendy. (she is a teacher and back to work.) I am so thankful for all of it.
- I spent the weekend cleaning the basement, which in turn, cleans my head. I was ready to get back to ebay work on Tuesday (sitter day) and it felt really good. I've had a good first week back and am having fun. Yay!
- I am just now realizing what a gift I've given myself this year. No volunteering (I'm sure I will on occasion) means such an empty schedule for us 3x a week. exhale. It is so nice. And I don't even feel guilty.
- The first days "off" I felt overwhelmed with the state of our house. Summer is awesome and busy and relaxing and not meant for dusting your kitchen cabinet tops or cleaning closets, you know? So, I made a list! of course I did. I made a list of daily tasks and another of larger home tasks to work on 30 minutes a day. That made me feel so much better and I am getting a lot done.
- First on my list was going through all of our closets. James is the only one left. Patrick is on his own. :)
- Our new fridge got here yesterday and when I open it, I hear angels singing. NOT KIDDING.
- Ruby spends every afternoon in this field behind our house looking for frogs and snakes.
- I got to pick apples! And I was wearing jeans. :) I got Macouns, which I have loved in the past, and they were SO TART. I made a wonderful crisp with some and will probably make another next week. And maybe some applesauce.
- Nicky's sitter was going back to the same orchard today and offered to bring him along as she only had one little girl going. So he is gone until noon and I get to shower and pack because I am going up to Duluth this weekend with my mom. We are bringing another load of stuff back in our van because she can't get all of her stuff now for a month. I'm excited for some kid free time and to see my Dad & hopefully brother & Erin again.
- It's pretty awesome having my mom here. It is so strange to meet up with her and Annie and just hang out. Love it!!
- I am sad thinking of being gone this weekend, too. Isn't that silly? I love time away but it's always a little hard to leave. I miss Patrick and our date nights. We need one soon.
- We joined some friends and are going to participate in a trivia contest to benefit the library one night in October. It's at the local bowling alley and there will be beer. Sounds like a good time to me. :) (I couldn't believe Patrick said yes. He might be getting a little more social on me.)
- I can't wait to put up our Halloween stuff on October 1. I love surprising the kids when they come home from school on that day. :)
- I think I'm out of stuff. I just ate a bunch of grapes but need something more substantial. Like a cake.