Monday, October 21, 2013

I'm supposed to be working but it's not working

I have chicken stock simmering for another hour or two so I told myself that I might as well get some listings done.  HA!  I have no desire to work right now.  I'd rather be in bed reading.  I could always take the chicken stock off of the heat and finish it tomorrow, right??  right.  But I will see how I feel after a quick post.

I am kind of sick to my stomach from candy corn.  Do you love candy corn?  I sure do, but it really needs to be enjoyed in moderation.  My sister gave us half a bag last night and I CURSE her!  :)  Just kidding, of course. 

We all went to Trader Joe's last night (seester, mom, ruby & I) and it was fun!  We had been in the house all day (Ruby & I) so it was really good to get out.  My sister and I felt strange being outside after dark.  :)  We really need to do that more often.  Also, I got some of those awesome pretzel croissants.  yuuuum.

I just finished Stephen King's Joyland and I really liked it.  It felt like slipping into an old sweater...his voice is so familiar to me.  It's a fairly quick read, I read it in one day, and I was sad when it was over.  I remember lying in bed under a pile of blankets for most of two snow days in junior high, plowing through Cujo and another of his books.  :)  That's a good memory.

Ruby had her cheerleading premier last Friday night and had a good time.  It was pretty cold but James and I kept warm snuggled up next to Wendy.  :)  We also had hot chocolate and some of us wished we had some Bailey's.  They had offered a short cheerleading camp to any girl K-8 who wanted to try.  They had 3 practices and then cheered at that game and now they're done.  The cheerleading coach said he would try to get them together again soon, though.  Ruby is pretty shy about trying new things so I was SO happy that she wanted to try this.

Patrick was home again today.  He took a vacation day to unpack my mom's stuff (him & Ronan went to Duluth last weekend and loaded up her house with the help of Thomas & Erin) (and my mom, of course) but they finished on Sunday so he just got to hang out with Nick & I again today.  It was a nice day.  I went for 3 short walks.

I should wrap this up.  Here are a few pictures:

 James' first time mowing the lawn...he was seriously grinning from ear to ear, he was so proud of himself.  :)  Loved that.
 Going into the tunnel:
 coming out:


 cheerleading practice (Ruby's in the green tee):
 She has had 3 of these this year if you can believe that.  ugh.  Makes my stomach hurt a little.  :)

xxooxxo

p.s.  I'm going to bed now.  :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The first taste of candy corn of the season is so wonderful!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...