Monday, October 14, 2013

monday night on the home front

Hi peeps!  I started writing one day last week (Friday?) but the day got away from me and I never got to finish.

We are optimistically, hopefully, doing good on the lice front.  As in, we haven't seen anything in a while.  Holding my breath and still combing heads, but so far, so much better. 

Last week was rough.  There were high points and low points but overall, I think it could have been a lot worse.  On Saturday I got upset with Patrick over a relatively small thing so that kind of stunk but what can you do?  I was just wore out.  I took Ruby to a cheerleading thing she is doing (so cute) that afternoon and then brought her, Nicky and a friend back to the apple orchard to see the kittens.  On Saturday night I went to the mall by myself and Sunday was church and then home for lunch with my mom.  After she left, James mowed the lawn for the first time (he was SO excited!) and we had a fire and grilled dinner.  We practiced spelling by firelight and it was kind of perfect. 

Today Patrick had off of work and we had such a nice day, the three of us.  The weather was beautiful and we took Nicky for a hike & picnic lunch on a nearby trail that I've been wanting to check out.  I've been trying to enjoy the warmer temps but waiting for sweatshirt weather and I think it's finally here!  :)

I have pictures but they will have to wait until tomorrow.  Our kids are going ape shit and we need to get them to bed. 

Good night, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...