news from the front lice lines

Good news today, friends!  James is back and school and Nicky is at Sarah's.  That's right.  My boys got an all clear and got double checked at Great Clips before they buzzed their little bug-free heads.  Yay!  I am still going to be checking and spraying them (their hair is too short to comb now!) but my fingers are crossed, you know?

My little red head wasn't so lucky but I have not given up hope.  Maybe tomorrow will be her day??

I keep reading reports (horror stories) of lice that won't go away but I also see lots of ones saying whatever solution they tried, that it actually works.  That is where I'm laying my beliefs until proven otherwise.  :)  We are definitely still heating the bedding every day and keeping all extra cozy stuff put away for a long time, though.  Like, maybe forever. 

Years from now someone will ask my kids about their childhoods and they will describe it as super cozy and warm and fun UNTIL WE GOT LICE.  Then they will describe a cold, sterile environment where their mom kept spraying them with different shit and wouldn't give them more than one blanket at a time.

How sad.  :)

Thank you so much for your comments, texts & emails.  :)  Having lice can be a lonely road, filled with lots of laundry and google searches...it's so good to hear from others who have been through it.  :)  xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts