summer journal, days 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 (whew!)

I would like to tell you right now that there will not be pictures in this post.  :(  I will understand if you leave now.

Hi!!  :)  How are you?  I am good.  I just sat down to write for a minute and 2/3 of my children are now awake.  50 bucks says Nick asks to cuddle within the next 5 mins. 

Well, I am ashamed to admit I can't remember much of last Friday.  I think we just stayed home.  Friday night I brought some stuff to my mom's (THAT'S what I did...priced garage sale stuff!) for her garage sale. 

On Saturday I got up early and went and helped her set up for an hour for her sale.  After that I roused Ruby and Nick and we loaded up and set out for St. Cloud for a family reunion.  The trip up was awful and Ruby and Nick each had one period of major disobedience.  :)  There was a lot of traffic and we drove in the rain for about 3 hours.  It took us 7.5 hours.  ugh.  But, once we got to the hotel it was magically all okay.  My Dad and Mari and Annie and Ronan were all there (and their boys) and it was gorgeous out.  We all went to this beautiful botanical garden (pics to come!) and then had a chaotic but tasty dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  After dinner we went back to the hotel and figured it would be a good idea to go swimming.  Can you say exhausted?  :)

Sunday morning we went to the reunion and it was really cool to see some of my Dad's aunts and uncles and cousins.  I was really looking forward to seeing my Godmother, Katie, and was so happy that I got to.  I loved looking around and seeing all the similarities in these people, our family.  My dad's mom died when he was young so I never met her.  I loved seeing some of her brothers and sisters that I hadn't seen since I was a child and looking at the old pictures and family history.  There is another reunion next summer, specifically for my great grandpa's clan, and I am already looking forward to it.  (Nicky had a ball, Ruby was a little bored but it was all good.)

After the reunion we got to go visit Katie's farm.  Growing up, my Dad often went there for the whole summer to help out.  When I was little, I got to go for a week about 4 or 5 different times, I think?  I loved it and have some wonderful memories from those visits.  (I want to write them all down!  I am getting old!) 

So much of the farm looked just the same.  I guess I can't write about this now.  I am feeling emotional and I don't have time for that right now.  Busy day.  :)

After Katie's we went back to the hotel and ordered pizza and swam.  It was such a fun trip and so good to see my Dad and Mari and hang out with Annie & Ronan and the boys.  I love all of them so much.  I did miss James but he had elected to stay home with Patrick and they had a good guys weekend, too.  He called me a lot the first day but I didn't hear from him after that.  :)

The trip home was 1,000,000 times better.  The sun was shining, it was cool outside, traffic was not as bad, the children were like rosy faced angels in the back seat, spelling words and drawing hearts.  (not kidding.)  Thank you, Lord.

We got home and I took a big nap and then we all went on a bike ride.  That was the end of Monday.

Tuesday morning we stayed home and then James went to Park Science.  It rained for a while.  I unpacked.  We played some board games and fought.  The usual.  That evening James and I went for a walk with our friends and got caught in some more rain.  It was a really nice night.

Yesterday we did swimming, set up our tents (1 out of 3 is usable.  boo) and met some friends at the park.  Last night I mowed the lawn and then Patrick built us a big fire and we sat out there by ourselves for a long time.  Then the children discovered us.  :) 

Today is date night and tomorrow we are going camping so I have a lot on my mind.  It was good to sit here for a while, though. 

xoxoxo

Comments

Popular Posts